Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The painting award . . .



I have come up for air. After what seems like days and days of painting--i"m done. Well not really. Just done with the color paints. I still have white painting to do. YOu know--bathrooms, closets, etc. etc. I forgot my camera so I have no pictures of my friends helping me paint.

But as I mentioned in a previous post I have a rockin' group of friends. I thought I'd Give each of the painting helper friends and award:

Lindsay--Coming out of the closet (and leaving it sparkling white)

Sheri--Sky High award (every painting job needs a tall person)

Cicily--Wraping it up (The paint brushes were still useable in the morning--genius)

Marlo--Stroke of Genius (She can cut in like nobody's business)

Lenor--Super Trooper (at 38 weeks or so pregnant--she still showed up and got the job done today)

Darcy--Almost my baby's mama (Darcy watched my kids for all of Monday and today as well as showing up on Tuesday night to paint--and then watch people paint while sipping Ginger Ale)


I'm sure I would have had more helpers but sometimes husbands like to play softball. Thanks for the help from everyone--I knew I could count on you and that alone is priceless.

Oh--and don't forget

Husaband Extraordinare--HY. He didn't paint, but he did put up ceiling fans so we could see, even though he wanted to be working on tile.

Are you all excited--I think I may take pictures of the colors to show you all. I was going to wait until we moved in and I had them all decorated, but I'm sure you're wanting to know what i went with. Stay tuned

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it! I'll be posting pictures soon also, but I really hate to when they aren't all decorated, but who knows how long that will take!?!

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, I almost forgot...

I think a blog comment is the perfect thank you note for an blog b-day present. I love them, and I wanted exactly 3! You are fabulous!

molly said...

I am so sad about missing the painting party... not only because I so wanted to help, but also becasue I knew it would be a ton of fun! Glad you are making such progress... and yes we want to see pictures ;)

onehm said...

I will be waiting on pins and needles...
Wish I could have been there to paint!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow sounds like you have some rad friends! can't wait to see what you picked and decorated is overrated! show me the colors!

Micah and Jen said...

How fun! Wish i were closer so I could have attended and helped out....heaven only knows how much I owe you! Can't wait to see the pictures! :)