Thursday, September 6, 2007

FLOORING!



This lovely bamboo flooring is being installed as we speak. Hy, my dad, and his dad are all there working their butts off to get that floor done. Hy says that is comely along slowly, but that it looks good. I think I want to wait until it's all done. I'm so excited. The only way we could afford it is if we could put it down ourselves. To have someone install it would have been about $4 a square foot. That is more than the flooring cost. Hy is also going to do the tile himself. I told him we could afford to pay someone to do it, but he want to learn himself. So I'm lettiing him. I also let him pick out the tile, because to me all tile is ugly. We're doing carpet in the bedrooms which should be installed on Tuesday. OUr cultured marbe shower walls should be installed on Monday. WHICH MEANS . . . we should be in not this weekend, but the next! Hooray! I still have to paint the bedrooms and the hall, the bathrooms and the closets. But once I feel better that shouldn't be too bad.

Last night I was awake most of the night trying not to swallow. My throat hurts that bad. So today we had a Doctor friend call me in a prescription. Thanks!!! It's nice to have connections. I'll let you know when I feel better, then I'll invite you all to come paint with me.

7 comments:

Jeni Everett said...

I love your wood. Where did you get it?

Crazymamaof6 said...

very cool! there is tons of satisfaction in doing it yourself.and the money saved is dang satisfying also! hope you feel better soon! can't wait to see pics of your new digs!

Micah and Jen said...

Oooh, I love your floor! Very nice! :) How awesome that Hy is doing it all--way to go for a great hubby! And for the great wife that is so patient--I know how that one goes! Anyhow, hope you are feeling better, no fun to be sick. I am so excited for you to move in to your new house and to see pictures!

onehm said...

I have to say that I am dying to see the pics of your home (and of course see it in person) and I am counting down the days until you post them so I can add your cute house to my home tours challenge!!!

Jami Broadbent said...

beautiful. i have the same sickness you do :( it is not fun.

Jamie said...

I love that flooring. My sister has it and it looks great! I hope you feel better soon! I HATE sore throats.

Johnna said...

way to go, getting the men to put the floor in. Ah, bamboo floors, so environmentally correct. You are definitely still cool today.