Friday, August 31, 2007

Random Things

People will occasionally put random things about themselves on their blog. I've been wanting to do this for some time, but it seems that I always have something else to say. But right now I'm babysitting (or am I?) at my friend Darcy's house while she is out shopping at Forever 21. See, I'm not the only one. My girls and her girls are watching Casper and I don't want to so I'm keepig myself busy on the computer. Here are some of my random things:

*I'm registered as a Republican but I would actually vote for ANYONE who would actually get something done.

*I drive a suburban but would rather be driving a Toyota Sienna minivan

*I love to organize things--and love to organize other people's things

*I change my hair style about every 3 months or so

*I have a good group of girl friends that are all different yet so similar--I've never had that many girlfriends that all got along in my life

*I've never lived anywhere but Arizona and I'm pissed about it

*I think that personalized license plates should be obvious, and if they are not then one should have to add a bumper sticker to explain the license plate

*I used to frequent gay dance clubs(crow bar anyone?) because I love to dance, the music was great, and I didn't have to worry about getting groped by drunk creeps

*I'm good at basketball, volleyball and softball and was a total sporto in high school

*I have weird food issues. Like I have to have chips or something crunchy with a sandwich or I won't eat it. I have to make sure that I have equal portions of each item on my dinner plate so that my last bite will have one bit of each item. I have to eat dill pickle chips and chocolate milk when I eat grilled cheese. I eat sandwiches straight across like a typewriter and if someone takes a bite of it in the middle then I don't want to eat it anymore. Same kind of thing goes with Frito Lay's Bean dip. I have to skim the stuff across eating at an even layer. If someone dips a gouge in it then it makes me want to throw it away. Usually if someone does that then I call them a foul name and uninvite them from sharing my dip.

*I grew up in the small town of Heber Arizona and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. For some reason most people find it hard to believe I grew up in a small town.

*I was raised to be very respectful to adults. My father is from the South and he taught us to say Yes ma'am and yes sir.

*I have never said "no" to my mom. Honestly. We weren't aloud to--it was disrespectful and I feared a smack or something. If she asked us to do something you did it--because she is the boss. I would hear my friend's mothers ask them to do something and they would say No and I would cringe and wait for a smack, and they got nothing. Even then when I was young I thought they were being disrespectful. Funny thing is that my mom never hit me and is actually the most patient person I know.

*I think there should be more moms like my mom. I'm trying to be a mom like my mom

*I'm one of the few people out there who think that I'm not screwed up. In fact I don't think many of us are, we were just taught in the media and in college that everyone is disfunctional and that our parents are to blame. For real--we're all fine (minus some of you that legitimately have screwed up parents) we have jobs, are productive citizens and can keep stable friend and spousal relationsips.

*I hate when people whine. My kids aren't allowed to do it and if any of you are ever babysitting them and they whine make them change their tone--because that doesn't fly

*I have much more to say but think that this post is long enough

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

very interesting random things

Micah and Jen said...

Gosh I miss living by you still! You are so awesome and I love all the great things you have helped me learn about myself. Honestly--if it weren't for you I don't know where I would have ended up. Loved reading all this stuff about you--most of it I already knew, but it made me remember how much I miss living close to such a great person! Thanks for helping me realize that I am NOT screwed up and my life is AWESOME!!!!

kayleen said...

you can come organize my crap whenever you want.

Jamie said...

So interesting!!! I agree we are all not as dysfunctional as we are told we are.

Jenni Coberly said...

What trick do you use to get your girls not to whine. The whining issue is getting better with my girls, but I'm up for new ideas. Also, I love that your head is screwed on so straight....new hairdo's and all!! I think you are great!