Thursday, August 30, 2007

My own worst enemy

So I was listening to this Pink song on the radio "Don't let me get me" (it's the song that is playing if this is a fresh post). The lyrics of the song say:

"I'm my own worst enemy"

Since it was early in the morning and my mind was clear and not thinking of something else random, I thought . . . am I my own worst enemy? The answer to which is NO. But I have a few friends who are their own worst enemy.

A little fact about me: It is well known among my friends that I have an abnormally high self esteem. Basically I think I'm the shiz-nit. Not an arrogant shiz-nit. Just a well balanced and super confident shiz-nit. I have a good body image even though my post 3 baby body probably should be more based in reality. It's just something I've always had. Someday when I'm all sappy and caring I'll let you all know why my self-esteem is so high. I don't care to now because it will misdirect my point which is:

Are you your own worst enemy?

Think about these questions:

When you try something on do you think to yourself--man I look fat, my thighs are huge, my butt is mis-shaped etc. etc.?

Do you look in the mirror and see dark circles and think that you look horrible and tell yourself negative things?

Do you think that you are lazy and stupid etc. etc?

Think about it--what is your self talk? Is it something that a enemy would say about you or something a friend would say about you?

Because I look in the mirror and I see all those things like--my gut is too big and mis shaped--then I think--well hell yah it is I had three babies and then I start to admire myself for doing such a noble thing

I see dark circles and wrinkles around my eyes and I think--whoa I should do something about that. But then I think that it shows character and realize that for every wrinkle around my eye I have--it was caused by laughter that came from my family or my friends. Bring on more wrinkles

So I think I'm my own best friend. What do you think--are you your own worst enemy? If so, then you need to do something about that--only self talk things that your best friend would say about you.

Best friends are honest--but they are nice about it

So stop being a jerk to yourself if you are doing so.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! Great post!! Good food for thought.

Micah and Jen said...

Okay, my favorite thing about having you for a friend--you can ALWAYS boost me up--even if it is honest stuff you know how to say it nicely and mostly you just always make me feel like a million bucks! Thanks for being so cool! And I LOVE that you have a high self-esteem---it really helps others out and makes us all want to be just like you! You rock!

Lisa said...

Love the post. I always say I'm my own best friend...it must be cause no one thinks I'm as cool as I think I am ;) Do you go to movies by yourself? I always get made fun for that. Good for you!

Crazymamaof6 said...

great post Jill! I'll have to get on this. and i love your phrase
"the Shiz-nit!" it makes me smile and i always mentally have to think the real word because i like to cuss in my head. it makes me happy!