Thursday, February 18, 2010

a Vegetarian Lent



We have joked before about participating in Lent. Mormons don't traditionally do that--but it has been intriguing to us for years. So on Tuesday Hyrum brought up the subject and suggested we give up soda for Lent. I told him that I don't drink much soda, so that would be too easy. So then he said, "What about meat?". Perfect. We've been trying to go meat-less (less meat not actually meatless) Anyhow so here we are. Day two and going strong.

Should be interesting. I foresee some added pounds and a lot of cheese eating.

If you have any vegetarian meals that you love. Please link me or e-mail me the recipe.

I shall keep you updated

7 comments:

Hildie said...

So wait, do you substitute candy for all your meat? Because that's my kind of vegetarianism!

Bing said...

Big fat thumbs up/high five!!!

Sheri said...

you craz-ay

Cicily said...

I'm jealous.

See Mom Smile said...

Good for you. I too am LDS so I am giving up Lent for Lent. Good luck!

Bing said...

PS: I did a vegetarian Lent when I was twelve, and haven't eaten meat since.

heathermommy said...

I just became vegetarian last year - some of my recipes are on my sister's food blog http://foodwillfillya.wordpress.com/