Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentines

Photobucket

I just finished making the girl's valentines cards. I got pretty ambitious on Saturday and Annabelle and I made THESE salt dough hearts. At first I just did it to see how they would turn out, and turn out they did. I loved them. So I bought some paint and glitter and got them all cutesied up today. I went to SAS and bought yards and yards of ribbon to use as the necklace part (10 cents a yard. Can't beat that). So each of the girls in their classes are getting little heart necklaces on their valentines cards.

Photobucket


Then I had to make cards for the boys. They just get a snickers or Kit Kat stapled to theirs. Boys don't do salt dough hearts. But they do candy. The one for Snickers said, "You make me snicker valentine". And the other one was for the Kit Kats. It just said, "I think you're sweet, here's my favorite treat". I tried like mad to come up with a Kit Kat rhyme, but I got nothin.

If you're a little behind on the Valentining here is a fab website for FREE yes FREE printable Valentine cards. CHECK IT.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Who is up for mom of the year? I don't remember you being this crafty when we worked together even when you were club coordinator :)

Jenni said...

WOW...you are amazing! We did store-bought ones....because I wasn't that ambitious this year! :) These are awesome though and I LOVE those hearts....maybe have to try it next year....maybe!

Crazymamaof6 said...

those are flippin' fabulous! seriously making me wish i'd stepped up and done something crafty.sigh.

thanks for sharing that rad links list too, i sent it to the hubs, now he has no excuse to not give me a card.

See Mom Smile said...

Wow. We bought Spongebob and Bakugon cards. Used to do the crafty things. Younger kids have missed out on the crafty mom! Love your blog.