Thursday, February 4, 2010

How is it?

How is it that it seems as if everywhere I turn in the blogging world, there are mothers who are dealing with HORRIBLE tragedies concerning their kids. I've been following a photographer Natalie who just lost her son. And so as I was keeping up with her blog she introduces THIS FAMILY and I am glued. I read and read and read.

I think the second one scares me the most. Because I am that mom. I walk away from the bathtub all the time. Last night I had Beck (16 months) in the bath with the 7 year old. I find her absolutely capable of watching him. But I heard her yelling for me, so I ran in, and she told me that Beck had slipped under the water, and she had her back turned toward him. Everything was fine, he was under about 1 second before she grabbed him. And she felt HORRIBLE. But that could have made me that second mother. So easily. It's not my 7 year old's responsibility to keep her brother alive. It's mine.

So read, and keep up with these mothers and I'm not sure why. And I know I'm not alone. Other people, just as glued.

I hope I learn from these. Learn to squeeze more, and play more, and spend less time on the computer.

So I'm heeding that last bit. I'm off.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I am so glad to know I am NOT the only one out there obessesed with these blogs. I read and read and read....and stress and worry and think of all the horrible stuff that could happen. Thanks for sharing these with everyone....and for the knowledge that I am not alone in my little world of reading them!

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I just spent an hour, and I am in tears. Macy is just looking at me, and can't figure out why I won't stop kissing her.

More people to pray for tonight...

Cicily said...

I read that the other day, heartbreaking. It does make you think before attending to those "important" things around the house. It makes you want to find more time to enjoy your kids.