Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chase Blows



Can you tell by that I'm pissed by that Title. I have a credit card with Chase and they are HORRIBLE. And having called and vented to my friend, she said that Financial guru Dave Ramsey (whom I will blog about another time) said that CHASE is the WORST company for customer service.

So true. For one thing, they switched my payment due date, without notifying me. Um??? what??? But luckily I had checked it early that time. So I paid it online, which I swear I've done before. But it turns out, that my bank info that I put in didn't have the correct prefix/suffix. So the payment got rejected. So I call them up to try to figure it out and they said, well, ya, you didn't add the prefix and suffix so . . . sorry---here is a $35 fee for that being kicked back and also a $30 LATE Fee. So I told them to check my account, I have NEVER, EVER been late on a payment, and I pay my card off in full, when I use it, every month. I am a good customer, so is there something they could do.

NO they said, don't even bother talking it to a supervisor, they won't do anything either. So I started a back and forth e-mail communication through the message center to which I got the standard BULLCRAP of

"we understand the frustration you must feel" blah blah blah--PUKE.

"there is NOTHING we can do"

Um . . don't lie to me, and be patronizing. There is ALWAYS something you can do. So I asked them to shut it down. Assuming they'd send me to someone trying to save me as a customer, but they didn't. She put me on hold, then came back and said--it's closed.

The reason they didn't retain me (and I've been learning this on the talk radio) is that to them I am NOT a good customer. I cost them money, because they don't make any interest off me--I use their services for free--so I was disposable.

But I tell you this, if that day comes when I have to take out a hefty loan---say for something like purchasing a medical office--or anything of the sort.

For DAMN sure it won't be with Chase--even if they did offer a better deal.

**addition--I just checked my balance of my CLOSED and PAID IN FULL account. Balance now of $2.78 what the? So I called and she said it was due on the 2nd and I paid on the 4th so it was the interest. I wasn't thinking so I just got off the phone. Then what the?? I remembered that I paid it off on the new due date they had gave me. I paid it at the CHASE bank locally. But it didn't post for two days. Because I paid on a Saturday, it didn't post until Monday. I just called to yell, but I was on hold for so long I bailed. UGH

CHASE BLOWS!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

We went through the same thing with them....we are BAD customers too, since we ONLY use their card to get points and stuff.....SCREW THEM

Crazymamaof6 said...

UGH! you are freaking kidding me! good to know. i'll boycott them now forever.

i hate companies that have crappy customer service.

onehm said...

THEY TOTALLY BLOW!!!
And we are lucky enough that they "own" our mortgage. :) Don't you feel sorry for us?!
I do.

Dave Baxter said...

Jill,
I work in the financial industry and the last thing any banking/financial business wants is a FTC(Fair Trade Commission) complaint. This link will get you in the right area. Have fun!

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm

Anonymous said...

Yep! They suck. Which is why after enough dealings with them (and others like them) we enrolled in Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and now carry NO credit cards. :) Sorry for the aggravation Jill.

Bing said...

Those credit cards are bad news, man.
Also, I kind of heart Dave Ramsey. I love his ridiculous jokes.