Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Mormon Mother Report Card




My Mormon Parent report card results---Big Fat F.

How does one test this?

Well by random chance like . .

When you are at the Baptism preview (the night that the Primary has with all of the 7 year old kids who will turn 8 and be baptized--to get the details on who what where when etc).

As I was saying, . . .

When you are at the Baptism Preview sitting in the FRONT row, and while the Bishop is informing kids on what they will be asked in their interview, asks your daughter, "Who is the Prophet?"

and she

points her arm straight out toward the Bishop and says:

"YOU?"

That's how you know.

For my friends who aren't Mormon, the answer is President Thomas S. Monson.

8 comments:

Rachel Cunningham said...

That is hilarious. But it was cute, you have to admit. You totally pulled off the promises question, though. I was sitting back there racking my brain, not sure what promises they were talking about.

I'm still sad about your bowls. I have some (10) of my favorites up on a ledge in my kitchen and I've been having nightmares about it crashing to the ground ever since I saw yours in pieces.

See Mom Smile said...

I guess she missed that primary lesson. Better luck with the next kid. That is why we had six. If you mess up with one you can just move on to the next.

See Mom Smile said...

P.S. I would love to be a follower of your uncoolness but can't find a place to join. Thanks for your help with that.

Jenni said...

awesome! I don't even think our ward has one of those.....and I am still at odds with you know who about the entire baptism thing. I don't even know if it's going to happen for my little man or not. totally bummed!

Anonymous said...

NICE parenting moment. ;) hahaa!!

I'm not mormon but even I know that one. hahaha!! Funny Jill.

Paula said...

You've got to love Annabelle, I know I do! If that speaks for your parenting skills where does that leave her Primary teacher. I might as well hang up my chalk and eraser!

Cicily said...

I'm ashamed to call you my friend.

Unknown said...

MOTY