Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Post

One of the great things about being Mormon is that you start public speaking when you're about 4. About once or twice a year you get assigned to give a talk in front of all of the other kids. Today is Annabelle's. The topic she was assigned was "My family and I can give service." So Hyrum wrote her talk, and I inserted the Veteran story. This is what she will saying in about an hour:

*Good Samaritan Story (she'll tell the story of the Good Samaritan from memory)

In the Bible, John 13:35, it says:

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples,
if ye have love one to another.

One way that we can show love to other people is by giving

service. It is also a way to act like Jesus acted. He spent

His time giving service to others. He:
healed sick people,
fed the 5000 and
taught anyone who wanted to learn.

My family and I can be like Jesus when we:
help those who are sick or
be friends with someone who needs a friend.

On Wednesday I went to the Veterans Day parade with my family. We saw a veteran sitting all by himself. My sister, my friend and I went up to him and said, “Thank you for serving our country”

Then we stayed and talked to him for 15 more minutes. He told us that he served in the marines a long time ago, and his great grandfather was in the civil war. My mom said that we made his day, because she saw his really big smile while we were talking to him.

I know Heavenly Father wants me to serve others, and it
can be fun, too.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I seriously had a good cry over the Vetran story. I can just see you darling little girls doing that. What special little souls they are. You have taught them well.