Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fab-u day

So yesterday was a grand day.

Hyrum surprised me and set up the whole day along with babysitting.

Girls---you all know that's huge. Mostly the setting up the babysitting.

Anyhow, we were supposed to go to lunch, but I had made a hair appointment (I was looking quite shabby) so we went to brunch at

PITA JUNGLE


Where I actually tried something other than the Shawarma Pita or Lavosh Pizza. I had a bean and rice and vegetable plate. It had nasty tofu on it--which i tried, but that texture. I just can't do it.

Then we ran into the mall to get pants for Beck for Hyrum's sister's wedding and I ran through Forever 21 quickly and bought the cutest pair of trousers. And actually age appropriate--I looked for a pic online but they didn't have one.

Then I got my hair done--whew look so much better

Then we dropped the kids off and went to dinner at La Grande Orange Pizzeria. It's the first time we've ever eaten there. So good! We had the Spinach, Apple & Pecan salad and then we had a 1/2 and 1/2 pizza. 1/2 Avocado with Prosciutto and 1/2 Mushroom Party. Holy crow--so flippin good.



Then we saved room for the best gelato in town. SO worth the drive to Phoenix, Arlecchino Gelateria. Where I got a scoop of cocounut and a scoop of fruit blend (pineapple, strawberry, raspberry). Ridiculously good. I usually get nutella or something with hazelnuts but I branched out. My favorite there is their Mascarpone but they didn't have it.





Got home and put the kids to bed--and they were awesome!

Couldn't have had a better day!

8 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

You were at my favorite places!! I love the roasted corn pizza, it is also really good! And gelato, I'm drooling!!

Cicily said...

Way to go Hyrum, way to rock the all day babysitting set up that is gift in itself. I would like to see a picture of you in your "trousers" with you haircut. Happy anniversary you crazy kids.

Sheri said...

Good Job Hi-room.

Snarky Belle said...

You are so right, the setting up the babysitting is huge. And, I'm with Cicily, I want to see the haircut and trousers. :)

Anonymous said...

We were supposed to do LGO with the Ganem's this weekend. That is my favorite salad! So glad you had a great day!

Andy said...

What a great day! I'm so glad you were able to celebrate in such a fun way. & I love that place too!

Mimi said...

Whoops, that last comment was from me. My nephew was on my computer so I was still logged onto his account. Sorry to throw you off!

Micah and Jen said...

What a great day! And babysitting all day....wow Hy, you just upped the bar for every dad/husband out there! :)