Thursday, November 8, 2007

Scrubs

As I was driving today I saw a girl in scrubs walking down the street. Which caused me to think. When I see people in scrubs I usually imagine them doing something important. Perhaps open hearts surgery, or changing I.V.'s or stitching a wound.

Then I noticed she was walking to a dentist's office. She's probably a dental assistant. No offense to any dental assistants (my sister is one) but really---scrubs? You suck spit out of my mouth and hand the dentist tools.

So I've decided there needs to be a hierarchy of colors established so that I can determine whether or not the lady in front of me in line at Fry's is a surgeon or a receptionist at at a pet hospital.

For example, at Hy's hosptial all of the doctors wear blue. Then everyone else wears tan. So then you know blue=life saver. Tan=helper. Although I think the nurses should get their own color, a slightly less nobler color than doctors---but a harder working type color. Doctor's get all the glory when we all know that nurses do most of the work. Then people who have Hy's job should get another color. he's a patient care tech. Those are the people in the hospital that always come in your room or are always around and are not nurses or doctors. Then the colors just keep filtering down

Dental people should have a whole color scheme or pattern assigned. Like the green. Dentist could wear dark green, hygenists could wear avocado green, dental assistants could wear light green and the office people could wear lime.

If i saw that girl walking down the street under my plan. My mind would go GREEN=DENTAL OFFICE.

Then pediatric places should have to wear care bear print tops, or something like that

Pet Health care people should have to wear those super tacky ones that have cats. Pet people like cats


Who's with me on this one?

27 comments:

Jeni Everett said...

Jill,
The new hospital on Higley and the 60 is doing exactly what you suggested. Every different type of worker wears a different color. Perhaps they were reading your mind. Good thought though!

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is some thinking there. way to go posting two days in a row! I'd feel sad if i had to wear a specified color. scrubs aren't flattering anyway. so lack of choice within that uniform would probably bum me out.

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh and my color? would be black with fuchsia trim! yeah i have thought about this. i prefer black.

kayleen said...

i wear scrubs. and i laser hair off the backs of men. i should get the most noble color of them all.

onehm said...

BRILLIANT!

Nichols Family said...

Great idea. My mom wears scrubs and I used to when I worked in the dental field. Once you get a job wearing scrubs...you wear them everywhere (the pants to bed, swim suit cover up, to clean in) But, all I ask is PLEASE PLEASE EVERYONE do not wear the teddy bear scrub tops. No matter what you think...you look lame.

Lindsay Nichole said...

i agree...esp with care bears tops! HAHA!! and since when do front desk girls get to wear scrubs? i mean, you sit behind a computer all day, take my co-pay and a copy of my insurance card and answer the phone, maybe hand out a clipboard to new patients...are you really going to get that uncomfortable? puh-lease...

Jami Broadbent said...

Amen sista!

Micah and Jen said...

What a fab idea! You are such a thinker!

Sheri said...

I think you have too much time on your hands.

liz said...

LOL- TOTALLY.

Anonymous said...

you're a little ridiculous. honestly... who cares? what kind of job do YOU have?

Disgusted said...

So maybe everyone in the world should have a sign on their back so you know exactly what their job title is? This is the most ridiculous post I've read in a while. Only "doctors" are "lifesavers"???? Really? Wow, I bet a LOT of people in the medical fields would beg to differ. I personally had my life saved by a DENTIST. Go figure. I almost died while having my wisdom teeth out from a bad reaction to the anesthesia. Thank GOD no one every told the dentist that save me that he wasn't a "lifesaver" or that he was "under" a "real" doctor. You are absurd!

Anonymous said...

Like your sister, I am a Dental Assistant. I wonder if she know about your comment? Just because I don't work in a hospital doesn't mean I don't work hard on a daily basis and take pride in what I do. I help people keep a clean, white smile and in my opinion, that is something to be proud of. I will wear whatever color scrub my little heart desires. I earned the right to wear them and I feel great when I do. Good luck with whatever personal issues cause you to feel this way.

Anonymous said...

I too am a dental assistant. I do not suck spit all day and pass instruments. I work very hard at various things at my job. I think this post is so ridiculous, and I just wanted to let you know that.

Anonymous said...

Im with you. Really who cares...is this lil jill and others fashion consultants? Sounds like she has no life so has no life...does she sit on a bench all day watchn the working people. She sounds like shes a clothing natzi. And to call a dental assistant a suck spitter...what an idiot. She probably doesnt have a job...by reading her message....

Anonymous said...

Im with you too. Shes very ignorant. Stupid people in this world

Anonymous said...

Oh crazymamaof6.....sounds like your too busy....6? Really shouldnt you be changing some diapers and worry about your own life than bitchn about whats flattering or not? So sorry you would be Bummed out.....put your mom jeans on...and get to the kids...that we are probably supporting

Anonymous said...

Im sure you do

Anonymous said...

Will be sure to do that....just for you...lame ass

Anonymous said...

Shut up stupid....who cares what the PERSON IN SCRUBS BEHIND THE DESK is wearing scrubs...pay your copay and and shut up

Anonymous said...

Liz TOTALLY...went out in the 80's like your sweater.

Anonymous said...

Right on...well said...she is quite an idiot. Unbelievable people in this world.

Anonymous said...

It is probably one of the most ridiculous post.....im going to school for dental assistant...or aka suck spot....wow..what a stupid ass. There is more to being a dental assistant then she thinks..oral surgery and the most critical role besides the surgeon is the assistant. Narrow minded no life having or job having people think we owe them and need their faahion advice and to critisize the work we do. Would love to have her in my chair

Anonymous said...

Jill and jeni you both r 2 peas on a pod. Both ridiculos....

Anonymous said...

I'm a dental assistant as well and I do a lot more then "suck spit". If I wasn't assisting the dentist your gums, cheeks, and tongue would be cut by the drills, your room, and the tools the dentist and hygenist use wouldn't be sterile either. Think about all the lovely diseases other people who have used those tools before you had and if I wasn't there to sterilize those tools you could possibly contract those diseases.

Anonymous said...

good god lil jill.ur a fucken idiot if you felt you need to put this article up,good luck labeling people,ur sure to get ur ass kick some day