Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Over orange chicken

Our dinner conversation:

Josie told us that she learned about the planets, but she couldn't quite remember them all. So Hyrum was helping the girls put them in order. And he got to one and paused and looked at me--as if I'd know the answer.

Me: "Like I'd remember--my memory is bunk".
Hyrum: "It's Saturn"
Annabelle: "Dad--you're the smart one"
Me: "Then what does that make me?"
Annabelle paused: "Uh... the pretty one."

Which was funny in itself--then Kizzy (age4) says to Annabelle "Nailed it."

It was super funny. And then Hyrum said Uranus--and i bust out laughing--immature laughing--and Annabelle said, "What is so funny about Uranus" Baahhhaa--I laughed again, and then she kept asking me and I spent the next 10 minutes trying to make up some sort of other story as to why I was laughing.

Uranus.

Still funny.

5 comments:

onehm said...

LOVE.

Darren did a paper for school on how important sharing meals together as a family is. I would have to say your story here is supporting his claim. :)

FYI- you have VERY funny kids.

Jenni said...

thanks for the giggle this morning! :)

Hildie said...

Sometimes I start laughing during the prayer. Could I be a little more immature?

Crazymamaof6 said...

RAD!

i giggled over Uranus the other day. same deal. making up reasons i was laughing.

Julia said...

Funny! The cartoon, Futurama (sp) had an episode where the main character laughed at the name Uranus while planet-gazing. He was told that because of the giggles, the name of the planet was changed to Urectum! Hahahahahahahaha! Genius