Monday, September 21, 2009

SSHHHH They're listening




I was shaving this morning with my $.25 razor when I realized.

I NEVER TOLD YOU ALL

Check the shot above. Do remember this post? Where I went on and on about a certain razor company. Well . . .they found me. I was checking the comments and realized there was one I hadn't read. So I checked it. HOLY CRAP! It was straight up from the razor company. What the Freak??? How did they find me? AND it wasn't just a form letter sort of response. She straight up quotes me in it. Go back and read it--it's crazy. Apparently us blogging moms are a threat, or why would they care?

I think I figured they found me because of the image I stole from their site. I think that is how they tracked it. But I'm not sure.

But freaky eh??

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIKES!

Hildie said...

That happened to me once when I was bitching on my blog about Calico Corners and their crappy sales.

I think they have employees whose job it is to scour google for any bad P.R.

Scary!

My question is, are they going to send you any good coupons?

Addie Gaylord said...

holy crap!!! THAT is freaky deaky for sure.

Addie Gaylord said...

i hope you don't mind if i linked your story on my blog. i find it so interesting in who actually reads the blogs. i hope its ok.

Brittany said...

If ya aren't private and do link to companies or use their pictures they totally find ya! That's how some have gotten reviews, giveaways and all that jazz! Crazy internet world eh?!?!?!

Found ya from Addie's blog!

ashley b said...

oh my goodness! that is pretty crazy. who knew that kind of thing would happen?
i came over here from addie's blog by the way. very funny story!

Micah and Jen said...

Wow! VERY freaky....and something that would happen to you! :) You always have the BEST stories and as I was reading it, I could totally hear your voice.....and I was laughing because it's so funny! I guess I didn't realize that people could be found so easily....glad you said it like you felt it and hopefully they will read it again and know that NONE of us are buying the refills E-V-E-R!!!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

i'm sure it wasn't the image stolen. some companies have google alerts that they get notices when their name or product shows up on a post or website or blog or whatever. then someone reads those alerts, comments, and whatever become of that.

that's how i got the giveaway from the purse hook lady.

apparently that brand does something like that too. if they were smart they'd send you something free.

Summer said...

yeah now think of some other companies you'd like free garb from and write some reviews. muahhhh hahaha...

d.jo said...

It looks like we have several mutual friends; that's how I found this post. I love this story; it's hilarious. Thanks for sharing.