Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Adventures in the Beehive state-The FINALE

*Caffeine Free Coke is nasty, nothing like the real thing
*Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper is just like the real thing
*That is ironic
*BYU Creamery makes a good Guacamole burger
*We never ate at the same burger joint twice, we're on a quest to find the best
*Beck got the barfing thing, and is a sad little baby
*We had a fun little picnic up South Fork canyon (I call it South Park Canyon)
*Hyrum had a bummer time with his bike tire and had to bail on the boys outing
*My girls made fun flower arrangements at Hyrum's Aunt Bonnie's Shop --the Flower Basket
*Did I ever blog about the parade? Fun, but hot and too long
*Sub-Zero ice cream is the coolest. It's just made with milk or cream and the flavor and then they feeze it with liquid nitrogen right in front of you. Creamy, cold delicious. Please open in AZ
*My girl's got the COOLEST face painting at the reunion, pictures will be posted later
*Stadium of Fire Fireworks---disappointment, not as cool as my good ol' small town Heber
*Chillin with Hy's Fam on his sister's lawn for the fireworks---Good time.
*Sparklers for the kids--always good, except for the one year Josie got a big black burn, not good, but this year, good
*Ditching church two weeks in a row really screws up my ability to know what day it is
*Sunday dinner with all of the fam and celebrating birthdays was fun
*Left at 3:30 am to come back to AZ, sounds crazy, but I love it because the kids sleep for half the journey and you get home about mid day
*Discovered that Josie is fun even at 5:00 a.m. when she became my front seat travelling companion while everyone else slept. I tried to get video of her but she couldn't find my purse.
*She read Nursery Rhymes to me, except she can't read, so those were funny, she laughed a lot, and she danced a little.
*As she was "reading" Jack Sprat (you know wife fat husband lean) she said "Is Daddy lean?" I said, "well, pretty much". And she said "Are you lean?" and I said, yes. (you know what's coming) and she said "You're lean, except for your big FAT belly". Which of course I said, "sure Jos".
*She's also rude at 5 a.m., and any other time she's awake
*Breakfast at Burger King in Cedar City didn't make me sick. YAy!
*Drive through Dixie National Forest in the morning light--breathtaking
*Stopping in Flagstaff at the "Crystal Waters Sandwich Company" or something like that, was spectacular, a nice healthy sandwich, a great break from days of burgers and fries
*Nothing like being home, we're doing a whole bunch of nothing for two days--at least
*Even with sickies it was a good trip

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Yay! You're back! Your posts have terrified me. I'm so afraid my kids are all going to catch the flu right as we're leaving for our vacation. Happens every time. Call me when your sickies are better.

PS. I went to Ikea. Followed the arrows. Did not have a panic attack. You would have been proud.

Sheri said...

PSS. Ikea smells funny.

Micah and Jen said...

Glad you guys made it home okay! Enjoyed reading all your fun Utah adventures! :) Now....I can't wait to see some pics! :) And of course NO Fireworks are better than Hebers! I've been all over the country and seen them....and NONE are as good as Heber, AZ!!!

Tiffany said...

Your trip sounds awesome. And Heber fireworks are seriously the best. I tell people that all the time.

Also, I still have your tray.

Cicily said...

Pictures