Tuesday, May 19, 2009

She sews part 1

I had my mom come down for a few days and help me sew. When I say sew--I mean, a straight stitch. That's about it. Our pantry doors never performed well, so we got this idea from IKEA. It runs on tracks. So I have two panels on one track and two on another so we can get to things. I got the fabric from IKEA as well. Because it was about $7 a yard compared to the $15+ a yard I was looking at for home fabric everywhere else. I wanted a red or pink print but I never found one anywhere that I LOVED. Remember when I was looking at swatches? I have a million on my computer in a fabric file. Anyhow, we just decided to grab something at IKEA and be done with it. I like this fabric, it incorporates the green and pink in my kitchen, unfortunately not the red, but that's ok. I'll just use it for accents. These were simple once we got one finished and figured it out.

I have other sewing projects to blog about later, when I get them finished. Wish me luck.













6 comments:

Cicily said...

Ooh, I like that a lot.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Micah and Jen said...

Oh I like it....and SUPER cute fabric!

Anonymous said...

Wondering...do your kids pull/swing on them? That's what I'm worried about...

little jill said...

Yes, one is already broken. I figured that would happen, just not so soon.

Andréa Morrow said...

Jill, have I told you I've started a sewing group? it's every month..lots of fun, if you're interested let me know