Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Can you sew a Oven glove?

I have an odd love and fascination with all things British. Someday I want to spend a summer there and just eat up their hipness. These oven mitten are from this store and I love everything there. I would love to purchase them but I don't want to pay shipping across the ocean. So my question to you all is--could I make this??? Are there patterns out there or would I have to wing it? Are there any expert sewers out there who could figure this out and give me a lesson??? I want to make my own if possible. Or you can just connect me to another cool website that has junk like this.




5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

i'm sure you could wing that. cute website! and you mean you want an oven mitt? what is so special about these? just the print? or something i am not seeing?

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok well now you are killing me because i investigated further and holy cute prints! you could totally sew these. but oh now i wanna buy them! i wonder if you could get them from somewhere in the us, that imports? or carries cute british things like that. did you google them?

chocolat said...

I googled sew oven mit & came up with a couple sites that might be helpful:
http://www.savvyseams.com/apt/mitts.php
http://www.figandplum.com/archives/000744.html
http://craftandfabriclinks.com/oven_mitt/oven_mitt_pattern.html

onehm said...

I think that Domestic Bliss might and this is a big MIGHT carry this brand. You could call and check it out. If so, they would probably order these for you as a special order and just have it shipped with their stuff. Worth checking out.

Tangie Baxter said...

I LOVE their fabric. Holy Cuteness! gimmmee some pa-leeze! ;) Everything on there is just too fabulous for words.