Monday, July 30, 2007

HELP I NEED INPUT!!!!

OK moms, I know you're looking, so if you have any info on this I need you to comment--and quick. I currently have Red signed up for Franklin West for Kindergarten. However, I now live closer to the Franklin that is on Gilbert/8th. Should I transfer her??? I don't know if it matters because it's the same curriculum. I assume the difference would be principals and facility. I haven't seen the Franklin on 8th but the West facility wasn't the greatest so I assume it would be the same or better. Before you suggest a school other than that--I am already a fan of Franklin. I'm old school and so are they so I think my kids will do well. So does anyone out there go to either of these schools or know anyone who does??? I need input quick so I can tranfer her over before school starts. I looked them up on greatschools.net and they both have the same scores. Franklin West had more parent opinions to read but there weren't many to read for the 8th Avenue one. Please-input input input.

6 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

Isn't it so crazy that Red and C are going to kindergarten in just a month? Good luck with the decision--I am so glad that I don't even have to worry about that--only have one choice here in small town Idaho! I bet she will have a blast either way you go--ahhh....a little relief for the mommy's for a few hours a day! :)

Crazymamaof6 said...

my sister had one in K there last year, 8th and gilbert. and liked it.
her kids are going back so if you love franklin, i don't think you can go wrong with either site, i'd ask her but she is at girls camp for this week. good luck with your choice, and if you need info then let me know and i'll hit her up for the scoop.

onehm said...

Move her.
I can tell you that the smaller commute is where it's at.
Especially since the schools are so similar in philosophy. Which is why you chose Franklin.
Move her.

Cicily said...

I think I would take them to the one that was closer. Since they are both Franklin schools the curriculum will be the same. I would go and meet the staff and that stuff though before I made a concrete decision. Do you think you'll be with Hy's parents the whole year?

little jill said...

I decided to move her, however I called and they are full, but she is #3 on the student transfer list. So we'll see what happens.

Anonymous said...

I taught at Northeast for 5 years. I can tell you that the one closer to you has higher test scores...