Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Reveal

So you may have seen on my Twitter that we got our house painted.

I LOVE IT!

It seriously has made all the difference in my happiness. Our house was U.G.L.Y. on the outside but all new and remodeled on the inside. We have been waiting to paint it, and waiting, and waiting. Now that we got a new roof and a new back porch built (due to a microburst--thank you Allstate) we had to get it painted. The porch had to be painted anyway, so we found the money to paint the whole thing.

Seriously--our house was ugly. I used to say it the base color was Arizona dirt, trimmed in Wet Arizona dirt. See:

Photobucket

In fact, Annabelle told Hyrum that our house looked like it was haunted.

We had to get a new garage door because our other one broke. And then we had my friend's brother do new trim around the front of our house and door. He did such a fab job. It really adds to the awesomeness.

Finding a house paint color was hard. We wanted Gray. Guess what--there are purple grays, and blue grays and green grays and brown grays. And the gray you pick out that seems perfect--will look blue on a board that you paint. We ended up going with a brown/green toned gray. I think it was the 4th one we picked. I think we tried 6. Note to anyone painting their house in the near future: Go to Home Depot--get a giant board and have them cut it into three big pieces, and then get the $3 sample paint colors and paint them. Then put them against your house and look at them in all kinds of light. You will be amazed at how different it can look. Do the same for your door color--if you are doing a different color door. And keep finding samples until you are happy--because that is much cheaper than having the painter change colors.

I want to give a big fat slobbery kiss to my friend Nicole who picked out our door color. I absolutely love it.

Anyhoodles

and now . . . the REVEAL!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My friend Darcy suggested this idea--and Hyrum made it happen

Photobucket

We thought it would be fun to do the side door as well:

Photobucket

And this shot is for Ian--who helped Hyrum trim out this door:

Photobucket

All of the colors were Benjamin Moore that we got matched at Home Depot:

House: Desert Twilight

Trim: White Wisp

Door: Blue Lagoon

Our awesome painter--the crew did an awesome job was Dave Mahaffey 480-626-3691

And the Garage Door guy was awesome too, we've used him twice: Diamond Garage Door.

Seriously--I now love to leave the house just so I can come back. I can't believe this is my house. SO HAPPY.

12 comments:

Jeni Everett said...

Jill!!
Your house looks awesome! I love to door color. Tom was just saying the other day that he wanted to have you guys over for dinner. We will contact you soon about it.

Jenni said...

Oh I just love it! But seriously....you didn't go for BRIGHT UGLY YELLOW??? Come on! :) I LOVE the blue....it's gorgeous and I love it! I want to repaint my shutters and door this summer {they are currently hunter green....which I don't love} and can't decide on a color. My house is tan {non-paintable siding} any ideas???? :)

troy and melani said...

super cute!!!! LOVE it!! I need to paint my house!!

Anonymous said...

I completely ADORE it! Isn't it amazing what paint can do for your happiness level?! REALLY, REALLY beautiful and I love the door color so much!! Congrats!

Sheri said...

Fabulous! I love it.

onehm said...

GORGEOUS!!! It looks amazing!!

Julia said...

freakin awesome!

lara said...

so cute!

Nicole said...

Holy Crap! That looks so good!!!! I love it. I'm glad you love the door color. It was so much to help. I am obsessed with color, so that was right up my alley. It's like you guys have a brand new house. Love it!!! Congrats

Titus Bikes said...

super-d-duperty cute!

Annetastic said...

From now on, I will ask you two what the hot new colors are. I love it!
A Annie/ your REALTOR!

Lindsay Rector said...

Jill! Your house looks amazing...great colors. I would've never put them together due to my lack of imagination. And congrats to you and Hy with his job...I'm really happy for you both;)