Friday, January 14, 2011

A craft Valentines?

So something has changed and I've become a crafter. Don't know how--but it is what it is.

So, for Valentines Day I'm trying to do a crafty thing for the school Valentine instead of Candy.

Last year I did THIS

Photobucket


Well I was thinking of maybe tweaking this idea I did for Annabelle's birthday. I just realized I never did the tutorial. So here is a quick one. Buy the stuff in this first picture. Find a flower template and cut flowers out. Then button looking things are Scrapbook brads I got at Hobby Lobby. Then poke the brads through the center of two layered flowers. Then use felt glue to glue it on to a clip. You also need a little rectangle strip of felt to go inside the clip so the flowers glue to the clip and the felt, so the glue doesn't drip in between and make the clip stick. Does that make sense? Anyhow--I thought about doing this but with hearts instead of flowers. And possibly using THIS and maybe stiffening some cute fabric to pair with a felt heart.





Then I need something for the boys--last year the boys just got candy.

But then I saw THIS tutorial. And thought it would be fun to do a heart shaped blog of playdough, or just a blob, but red and glittery.



So that is what I have so far. Does anyone have any other great ideas? I want to get started. Link me if you do.

1 comment:

onehm said...

You are so cool.
I always end up buying the cheapest valentines possible. I even gave up making our own 2 years ago...