Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Kid-ing

Guess what I do when two kids are at school, one is down for a nap and the other at a friend's house.

What I've always wanted to do:

I starched Fabric to the wall. I learned how to do that HERE.

My laundry room is BORING. I want to paint it. But that costs money. So today I gave it a little flavor.

I used fabric I had in a box. I freehanded the heart (as you can tell). Then I attempted to do a font on my computer but I couldn't find what i wanted. So get this--I drew letters myself. If you know me at all--you know that is not my talent nor do I possess that skill. But apparently I can--if I use a ruler.

Then I pinned the paper onto the fabric.

Photobucket

Then I just cut the paper and fabric at the same time--worked out well.

Then I taped it to the wall to check for positioning.

Photobucket

Then I whipped up my starch. I halved her recipe. But really you should quarter it--because it makes a lot. So do this:

1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
2 Tablespoons Cold Water
1 C. Boiling Water

Then I just followed the rest of her tutorial. Then I took a picture for my picture a day. And here she is:
Photobucket


and what can i say but . . . LOVE IT.

You should try this--and if you do--show me.

5 comments:

Cicily said...

you're cool

Rachel Cunningham said...

Really cute. I'm going to try that. If I really do then I'll show you.

Jenni said...

that is awesome! I so want to try it now....but what to do and where to do it at????

Mimi said...

Wow, I'm so doing that!!!! Are you going to turn into my new crafty idol? When did our universe collide?

Julia said...

Are you wearing a skirt?