Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The day has come

So I've tweeted and spoken a bit about me being on a diet. I've bailed already on that idea, but I thought I'd explain a little. Because everyone kept saying, "You? Why?"

UM, this is why:



I took a Flash Workshop from the amazing Wendy Schulz, and as we were goofing around we took the above picture. When I looked at in on the LCD in her camera I started laughing, like crying laughing. I thought "Since when did I start drinking beer?" At least that is what it looks like. So then I took this picture:



I was trying to disguise my gut. I have other pictures but Josie said "My butt was too close to the sign", which was random, but she was right--there are pictures that are just too embarrassing. And that first one isn't? I'm going to regret this post I'm sure.

I blame this all on my self esteem. In my head, I'm a rockstar. So I didn't see it, that and not having a full length mirror. Rats! I need one of those.

See, I've always been tiny. I was an athlete in high school and so I've always been fit. But 4 kids later, of course there are going to be some repercussions. What scares me the most is that, my mother who likes to consider herself as "fluffy" said she was tiny until . .. dun, dun dun . . . . .her 4th kid. So now is my time. And I'm freaked.

I get it though that some of you are probably telling me to shut it because you'd trade your right toe to weigh what I weigh, which I'm not telling. But it's not so much where I am, as where it could lead. And a little of where I am, beer guts are never flattering.

When you're petite like I am people assume that if you have any sort of pooch on your stomach that you must be pregnant, they feel it's safe to ask. IT'S NOT SAFE TO ASK----ANYONE. Why haven't people figured that out?


So now it's time for me to cut out the cinnamon rolls my husband makes. I stopped making cookies. And I had tacos last night in lettuce cups. LAME. And I'm off to the gym. I also started wearing what I call "tent" shirts, the ones that just do a straight down angle off the boobs so that it disguises the middle. I buy every one I see. Not cute, but effective. OH and I'm wearing black. LOTS of black.

OH, and you can laugh. I find this all very funny.

or you can tell me to SHUT IT

that doesn't hurt my feelings either.

8 comments:

Jenni Coberly said...

I'm right there with you...but it's not a fourth kid...it's my love affair with Blue Bunny...ice cream that is. I think I've gained like 10 pounds this year. I'm also getting my butt back in gear. Good luck! You'll do great and feel great!!

onehm said...

I hope this makes you feel a little better:
You.
Are.
Not.
Alone.
I am right there beside you, worrying about the weight I've put on since February that I haven't been able to shed.
And by the way, you're right...it's NOT okay to ask. Ever.

lara said...

I think you have a great idea for a facebook group: It's Never Safe to Ask. And I think you look great. Remember that that foto was shot from below, never a flattering angle. So give yourself like eight pounds off for that, definitely.

Anonymous said...

How bout we just group together and try to change the current popular trends? Heavens knows there are more of "us" than "Them" ( and I group myself with "us" hesitantly...because I think I am in the "next group after that"...) Anyway, I think you look great, and your self confidence in the kicker...it's the first thing people see and read from you anyways!

Sheri said...

I cant stop laughing. That top picture is SO FUNNY! When you said you had a "fat picture" I had no idea how funny it would be. Oh my gosh... what a treat.

and I love that Josie gave a thumbs down to the "No Trespassing" sign by your butt.

Sheri said...

Don't regret this post. It's hilarious.

Cicily said...

Your hot.

Micah and Jen said...

tent shirts....got 'em
diet.....refuse to do
HUGE beer belly.....yep, me too!
The girls did me in! I can seriously stretch my skin about 6 inches away from my body ALL THE WAY AROUND....and there is NO fat with it....JUST SKIN! How on earth can I get rid of that???? Tent shirts are the ONLY way to go! I soooo don't want to have that "mom" look with the unflattering jeans and the too big belly with the shirt trying to hide it.....and I unfortunately have a full length mirror in my room....so I see it every single day....be glad you don't have one!