Sunday, June 28, 2009

Adventures in The Beehive State Part Deux

*The night after we arrived Josie was up at 2 a.m. . . . PUKING. She's a superstar and makes it to the bathroom each time, then goes back to sleep. Still sucks though

*I let the girls play out in the FRONT YARD at my Sister-in-law's house, without me watching.

*By "without me watching" actually meant that I was peaking out the window every few minutes. Can't help myself.

*Provo is like living in the 1950's. You can let the kids run around all willy nilly in the neighborhood

*We saw two little girls cruising down the street barefoot on a banana seat bike with basket. Watching them took me back to my childhood summers

*We ate some yummy shish kabobs with Hyrum's mission companion and his wife. It's fun to see them and their new baby

*Crenshaw melon(sp?) is really good covered in fresh lime

*Provo has an awesome farmer's market on Saturdays

*The kids got their faces painted, except for Josie, she was trying to barf in the public bathroom (Cicily, I bet your cringing)

*I got a cool headband from a girl who also has an etsy shop. I'll find it and post it later

*I got a toe ring, I haven't had one of those since college

*Provo is the healthiest city, people are always running and biking

*There are tons of mom and pop hamburger shops that are soo good. Nothing like a toasted bun

*I got yummy corn on the cob for 10 cents a piece.

*Kizzy does rotten things no matter where we go

*Annabelle is spending lots of time with her cousin, which she loves

*I got to see my brother-in-law perform. He teaches at BYU and is an AMAZING musician. Unbelieveably creative.

*His wife (Hyrum's sister) is a gifted writer and performer. Ridiculously talented.

*Utah Wal Marts carry food storage food and contraptions

*You can by a 24 pack of Cactus Cooler here. Awesome

*I realized I could live here . . .

* Then I realized it gets cold in the winter . . .

* So I realized I could live here for summer

*My girl's randomly did a hilarious re-enactment of the Princes Bride. Video will be posted when we get home.

*We had another good dinner with anothe mission companion and his wife and parents and family. It's become an annual thing, and we love it

*On the way home from aformentioned dinner, we were cruising down the interstate, windows down, wind blowing in our hair, but it was loud and Josie was trying to get my attention:

Josie: "Mom .. . Mom .. . Mom .. . Mom .. .Dad . . .Dad . . .MOm"

I turned around and said: "Yes Josie?"

Josie: "Annabelle had to go poop. And when she did, it was shaped like mushrooms."

I then looked at Annabelle and her grin was from ear to ear and she was nodding in agreeance.

It's great to have the Jos back to her healthy self.

3 comments:

Rachel Cunningham said...

Every time I go to Provo or San Diego, I want to move there. We will be making that 10 hour drive next week...twice. But I'm excited to get out of Mesa. Your girls are hilarious/adorable.

Micah and Jen said...

Awesome....and can't wait for pics!!! :)

Cicily said...

Oh Josie, I love that kid.