Thursday, April 2, 2009

Measured time

I was awake at 6a.m. this morning and I was thinking.

Thinking about how the best part of my days are measured in minute sometimes seconds.

10 minutes--when Josie crawls into bed EVERY morning to snuggle

2 seconds--Hearing Beck's first noises of the morning which comforts me (I'm totally paranoid about SIDS)

15 seconds--walking into Beck's room and watching his little legs kick and kick and kick with a delight as a huge grin lights up his face because he's in love with me.

3 seconds--the sound of the front door hand rustling signaling that Hyrum is home from work safely

5 minutes--reading a book to Kizzy while she sucks her thumb holding her wooby--and I feel like super mom

8 seconds--Beck gives one little whimper in protest, then falls asleep for his nap

1 minute--when Annabelle gets off the bus and I see her happily running towards the car

20 minutes--Dinner time with the whole family around the table, plenty of food, and always laughter

5 seconds--when Kizzy asks me for a drink and then pulls my hand saying "Come on Big Fat Woman"--although I find it rude, I also find it funny--where did she learn that?

2 minutes--Eating Vanilla Creme Joe Joes

21 minutes--Kids in Jamies watching 2 episodes of Angela Anaconda (follow up post later)

15 minutes--the time that one kid gets to stay up with Hyrum and I while the others go to bed. They each are assigned a night and they love it. And I love it.

2 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

Good times, or should I say minutes?

I especially love the last one. I think we will adopt this at our house. Thanks for a great idea!

Micah and Jen said...

what a great post....I think I need to measure life in minutes and seconds too....you are such an inspiration!