Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference Sunday

I'm posting this at 7:36 a.m. on General Conference Sunday. Why in the world am I awake that early on one of the only 2 Sundays that we as Mormons don't have to get dressed and go to church? Oh well, that's because every single one of my stinkin' kids were up at 6:36 a.m. So we've had cinnamon toast and hot chocolate. They wanted pancakes but I couldn't do it, so I told them we'd have a breakfast snack and then have breakfast later.

So since I haven't watched conference today I thought I'd post something on the last General Conference. I keep a inspiration journal which is full of quotes both church and others. But I also keep a list of talks that inspired me--with the details of where to find it. So let me open it up and see what I want to post.


. . . . . (hold music) . . . . .


Here we go:

This was quoted in a talk last conference. I think it's appropriate for our times.

"From my earliest recollections, from the days of Brigham Young until now, I have listened to men standing in the pulpit . . . urging the people not to run into debt; and I believe that the great majority of all our troubles today is caused through the failure to carry out that counsel." -----President Heber J. Grant


Everyone loved the talk: Come What May, and Love It. Mormon or not, you will love this talk. It is wise advice, from a wise man.

and then final quote that just jumped off the page when I read it. (General Conference talks are published into a magazine later)

"In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance." -----President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

No comments: