Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Word

My friend picks a word each year. I usually make a list of goals. But I had been noticing something that has been such a strong part of my personality. Talking. I talk too much. I cut people off, or finish their sentences, or just ramble and often tell things I shouldn't tell people. My mother isn't a talker, she's a listener. So we would be in the car and she would just sit there and be quiet, and that would bother me, so I'd talk and talk and talk. She probably knew so much about what I was up to, just because she chose to be silent. I need to be that for my children.

So here is my self portrait depicting my word for the year:


LISTEN

Photobucket

11 comments:

onehm said...

LOVE THE WORD.
LOVE THE PHOTO.

Great idea- more listening. I will have to implement that one this year too.

Anonymous said...

I was going to write exactly what Ashley wrote! Good luck with it!

Snarky Belle said...

I love the picture!
I like the idea of a word.
Thanks for your inspiration!
Happy New Year, and best of luck with the listening.

Micah and Jen said...

So great....and the picture is priceless! I need to do this one too!

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

That is awesome. I could totally stand to keep my mouth shut a bit more. I am sure my family would love it. Good word Jill.

Summer said...

First off love the picture, You look quite hot Jill! And I cant believe you get your daughter to keep her patch on. Ours wont for anything. Oh, and your Heber Christmas pics were just great.

sarah said...

great picture. we could all do for a little more listening, right?

Cicily said...

You look foxy in your picture. Listening, novel concept for girls.

Col.Smeag said...

And yet another great use for Duct Tape...great word.

Mimi said...

Love it! That's a great idea, but good luck, I know how much you like to talk. Hee, Hee!