Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Not an honest Superhero



Tonight Fieldwork Phoenix called to see if I qualified to do a study. So the lady asked me all kinds of questions pertaining to cold medicine and I gave her every answer I thought would get me into the study that pays $125. Then randomly at the end she asked:

"If you were a superhero and could have any superpower, what would it be?"

So I blocked my initial answer--which I've put much thought into and responded:

"My superpower would be to be able to sense when my kids were in danger"

Which is true--I'd like that superpower, but it's not THE superpower I have decided upon with much consideration.

My real one is an inappropriate superpower.

If I could have any superpower it would be to have the ability to cause a person to have sudden and uncontrollable explosive diarrhea.

Why would that be useful? Well consider these situations:

The lady at the restaurant who is talking much too loud on her cell phone and disturbing your night out. Bam--taken care of

The jerk on the freeway who is zooming in and out of traffic with no regard to anyone's safety. Bam--he's got to pull over--and quick

That person in line at the store who is being a jerk to the cashier--Bam, no time to be a jerk--gotta go.

And don't get me started on ACTUAL criminals. How can a person do a drive by with crap in his pants??? He'd be kicked out of that car for sure. A car full of crapped pants = no drive by.

So many opportunities present itself. I find myself on many occasions saying . . .

if only . . .

7 comments:

onehm said...

Jill, I'm pretty sure that I haven't told you lately how much I love you.

It's true.
I do.

You are one of the funniest people I know!! I love this. I have never thought of it myself, but it's true.
What a great superpower!!

PS...did you get the study?

Supercool Hotmama said...

Awesome choice!

Micah and Jen said...

You think about things so much....I love and totally miss that about you! I wish i lived closer so I could have your humor and carefree way of life rub off on me more! Did you get the study? I wish we had a few of those study groups around here...I could use some extra "Christmas" money! :)

Mimi said...

so did you get into the study? and what an odd question for a study! But love the REAL answer!

Millie said...

jill, that super power rocks and I agree- it would be quite useful. I might have used it during last nights acceptace speech- just for fun!!
glad you liked our video- how did annabelle like it?

Jenni Coberly said...

Really? Where do you come up with this stuff. There is a reason why your kids are so clever. It's because they have a very clever mom.

Sheri said...

This is highly offensive. We all deserve the right to control our own poopies.