Thursday, November 27, 2008

As I was awake

. . . last night at 12:40 with a stomach threatening to barf because of too many fried foods, I had time to think about what I was truly thankful for. Itemized:

  • Lenor for being super woman and watching my kids, bringing her saw and man skills over to demolish my closet, and her willingless to listen to me whine cry and feel sorry for myself
  • Rainy Days
  • Flip Flops year round
  • Trader Joes bitter hot chocolate
  • Beck for being my new little boyfriend
  • Annabelle for being sweet, helpful and obedient
  • Josie for being rebellious and hilarious and for putting her eye patch on 3 hours everyday
  • Kizzy for being sassy, beautiful and spoiled
  • My iMac
  • My dad for loaning me, at zero interest, the money to purchase my Canon 5D
  • My Canon 5D
  • Jami for selling me my first DSLR
  • Real Whip Cream
  • Charleston's Prime Rib Sandwich
  • Backyard
  • Molly for being my talented friend who goes along with all of my crazy artsy ideas that I have no talent for. And for making my Christmas card
  • iChat
  • Cicily for talking to me everyday on Gmail Chat and always saying funny things
  • Adult Kizzy for letting me use her yard for photos
  • My house
  • My fridge
  • The chocolate chip cookie recipe I found this year that actually turns out
  • Color
  • Job security for Hyrum--Economy may suck, but that doesn't stop people from getting sick
  • Prints of my photography I finally did through a pro company and put on my wall. De-lish
  • Sheri for introducing me to Alphabeat
  • My 24-70 lens for making my photography much better and much more fun (and distorted)
  • & (ampersand)
  • Cami for coming up with crafty things that I will never do, but will always admire
  • How About Orange and Decor8 for giving me a reason to put off editing. And for giving me the ideas that the aforementioned Molly has to help me with.
  • Ned's Samich
  • Marlo for being spontaneous and moving to Hawaii so I can live through her.
  • My bunko girls (we actually don't play bunko anymore) for giving me one night a month to step away from being wife and mother and being able to be talky talky girls 'til 2am
  • Kimri for babysitting for me so I can go to Broadway shows
  • Lindsay for letting me borrow her Benjamin Moore Color wheel a year ago and either not remembering or not caring that I still have it.
  • Hyrum for always chasing his dreams and taking me along for the ride.
  • Darcy for cutting my hair since 1996 and always watching my kids and for going with me to pick out makeup and for giving me homeade wheat bread. You are a homemaking rockstar
  • Ben Folds for making cry and dance (not at the same time)
  • Mom and Dad for parenting me well and for giving me confidence that is disproportionate with my looks and abilities (I copied that from Tina Fey)
  • 30 Rock for being the only show that makes me laugh out loud
  • Nielsen's frozen custard
  • In N' Out Burger
  • Lisa and Tiff for being those friends that I don't see often but when we get together it's like we never lost a minute. And for memories that make me laugh at random moments
  • Ashley for always boosting my photography ego
  • All the photographers I blogstock for inspiration
  • Wendy Schulz for making me a better photographer
  • Trader Joes Greek style yogurt
  • Blogging for giving me this outlet to give thanks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it all! Can I just say, without being too cheesy, I am thankful for the maybe 2 times a year I see you, I totally dig knowing you!

o said...

you are amazing. and i am thankful for that :)

Sheri said...

Jill I have to confess... it was Darcy who introduced me to the Alphabeats. She deserves the credit. Thank you Darcy. From the bottom of my soul, thank you.

Mimi said...

Love it!!! Such a great thing to focus on this time of year, and Yay, I made the list!!!