Wednesday, September 24, 2008

From the mouth of Josie




*Josie came in at 7:04 yesterday morning

"mohhm" (the h's are added for breathy whispery effect) "moohhhm--if I'm in a Mermaid race will you yell--GO JOSIE! GO JOSIE!?"

"Yes I would"

"Thanks!" and then she ran out and left me alone.


* Hy was changing Beck's diaper and the girls were watching--

Josie: "WHAT is that bump on his pieces?" (pieces is our term for privates--I have no idea why)

Annabelle: (matter of factly) "THAT is his weenie"


*As I was going to the bathroom and starting the drill for the caring of stitches, I was looking down and I hear Josie right next to me "Mom! Look what I have!" As I look up she has Beck in her arms and a big proud smile on her face. Holy crap! So then I start yelling for my mom. Then I had to discuss with her why she is not big enough to carry him around.


As for me: things are going well--minus my cold which is not friendly to having stitches in the nether region. Coughing has never been such a production. But I'll tell you this--2 ibuprofen + 2 Percocet = HAPPINESS.

Randomly, the one kid who is having issues with the new baby . . . Annabelle. She's become obnoxious, silly, hyper and whiny. What the ?????

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

HOLY CRAP! there is nothing worse than seeing a little kid lugging a newborn around when you thought he was safe somewhere else while you are indisposed of at the moment.i've been there. OY!

i bet Annabelle is feeling left out of the baby fun while she is at school. mix that with out of the norm drop off pick up while you are recovering, and she's probably got a little stress. make some special one on one time for her. she'll adjust.

otherwise it could just be an age stage that happens to coincide with Beck joining the family. My Joy, has suddenly become a NIGHTMARE, attitude, talking back, hyper, whiny, annoying and we don't have a new baby. Annabelle and Joy are about the same age. i'm just saying.

good luck with the pain, and the stitch care. that is the worst part of having a baby,Taking forever in the bathroom to take care of business.

Micah and Jen said...

I think it may be a stage....or just new babies around, but Cameren has already been sent home from school 3 times! YIKES! I feel your pain! And Austin is obsessed with holding the babies and feeding the babies and anything to do with them....SCARY! Gabe is actually doing well. As for the bathroom stuff....so sorry! I feel bad for you....big baby=nasty stitches! I well remember! I honstely didn't even feel these two come out and NO pain at all afterwords....serioulsy, none at all! I guess having tiny babies after big babies is not too bad....but i know how hard it is for you and i hope you get feeling better asap! Hugs!

MaMaMaMandy said...

Any kid talk of "pieces" always makes me giggle- I'm a perpetual 12 year old. Sorry about the stitches...I got the internal ones (don't really know if there is a difference between that and an epesiotemy) and I just about died when I coughed a couple of times! Hang in there! I feel for you!