Thursday, February 28, 2008

Prognosis: Amoeba



A very tiny and cute amoeba. I intentionally neglected to list my other symptoms:

* hunger
*Queasiness
*Dry Heaves
*A superhuman sense of smell
*Laziness
*Random inability to cry--that's a new one, it's usually the other way around. I've been wanting to cry, but can't. I have squeezed out a few, but then stopped seconds later. Weird
*Gas
*Severe crabiness

The doctor ordered an ultrasound because I had NO idea when my last period was. no clue. So the tech said I am 10 weeks. Which rocks because that means I"m almost out of the ickies. That puts me due in September, around my birthday. UMM, that stinks. But so far I've been induced with them all, so I can make sure it's not my birthday. Unless I go on my own, and if that's the case, I'll be so excited I won't care.

I've never had an untrasound so early. It's weird because the tech said "there's an arm bud, and a leg bud. Not leg, not arm. But buds. it was a tadpole. Strange. But I got to see the little tiny heart, looks healthy. And my statistic loving doctor told me that once you see the heartbeat your chances of miscarriage go down to 2-3%. So I'm hoping we're good.

And today I woke up with a righteous head cold. Man all I want is some Nyquil, but I'll have to suffer with no drugs.

So this is the reason I've dropped off the face of the earth. I really was too tired, crabby, and apathetic to blog, or do anything. And I usually fall asleep before 9:00. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon. We'll see.

18 comments:

kayleen said...

congrats!

i was gonna guess pms on that last post, until i saw the other comments...but i guess it's kinda like pms-ing for 9 months. have fun!

Mom/dad said...

YAHOO!!! Hurray! CONGRATS!!!

Mom/dad said...

Hey this is Ashley R. For some reason it signed me in under my dads name! So, I am WYNN today!

LindsayJ said...

What good news. I hope you start feeling better soon.

sarah said...

congratulations!! the bud thing is a little creepy/awesome. it's amazing what we come from.

Karen said...

OMG! COOL! I'm so excited for you...thats way fun to see the little "bud", so...maybe it'll be a boy this time and Daddy can have his little tag a long :)
Congratulations!

Amy said...

Congratulations!!!

Jill said...

If this one isn't a boy, are you going to keep her anyway? And what the heck color hair will she have? You're sorta out of flavors, huh?

onehm said...

Congrats (again!) and I am now officially hoping that you guys get a boy!
But if not, you sure do have the "girl thing" down!
;o)

onehm said...

I just thought of something totally random...
You are going to have the MOST AWESOME baby photos. LUCKY!!

Mimi said...

I knew it! I totally had a feeling you were prego but didn't want to say anything! and don't worry it will be a boy because kizzy is having a boy. I'm so excited for you guys!

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo! super exciting. congrats on that. and yeah coveting the theoretical baby pics. seriously gonna be fabulous!

Jenni Coberly said...

Congratulations!!

Cicily said...

I love Jill pregnant belly. I'm so excited! Good thing for swimming pools to get you through the summer.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

congrats!!

Micah and Jen said...

Ummm!!!! How awesome is that? I am jealous....you are 2 weeks ahead of me and I still have at least 2 months of throwing up every day and feeling like CRAP! Good thing I live here and have a great hubby because I don't think you would want to come clean my house! :) I am so happy for you guys.....watch this one be a boy for guys and a girl for me.....that would be hilarious! Congrats and hope you get feeling better....I totally understand the "falling off the face of the earth" I haven't been ANYWHERE in over 2 weeks!!!!

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

jill-

happy news.

liz said...

congratulations!!!

hope you feel better quickly.

cherry icees always worked for me.