Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What was I thinking Wednesdays




Ok--this one is not so much what was I thinking. Although the two barrets are a bit much. And overalls were cool--and those were super cool because they were dickies. Also I had on super cool Doc Martens that I scored at Last Chance for $20. That was back when Last Chance was on 83rd Avenue or something ridiculous like that.

Anyhoodles, these are two of my college roomates. The one on the left is Tiffany--she moved in around my sophomore year. The other one is Lisa--my best friend from high school. We had so much fun living together--it was unreal. We used to do really random things. And we kept a stash of Taco Bell sauce in our couch cushions. It was fun when people would come over and bring Taco Bell and say--do you guys have any sauce?? And we would tell them to just stick their hand down in the cushions. Now that seems super gross.

Check out how long my hair was. This was pre-Darcy days. Man I would kill to have that hair again. I believe we took this picture before we were going to a concert--or the Friday night dance. That was pretty much what we did. In fact when I pulled out my photo album box I found an envelope with cool old concert tickets. Maybe sometime I'll scan some. We were big ska/punk fans so that was usually what we did.

As for other things---Blogger and the internet are still hating me. I tried to post these this morning with no luck. I have no idea what's going on. It's working now though.

I'll try to add a song that is ska--or at least ska-ish if I can get it to work. That's all--later peeps


PPPPSSSTTTTTTT Liz: Do you recognize me at all now??

8 comments:

kayleen said...

yes. i've been waiting all day for this. i don't have time to read the caption on when, where or WHY, but i'll be back. classic.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany is probably dying! I love it!

Micah and Jen said...

LOVE the barrets, and the overalls....I think I still have some around here! Too funny! Love Wednesdays and always look forward to this post from you....such fun to look back! :)

Tiffany said...

Ok Jill I HAD to comment on this. I totally forgot about the taco bell thing- under couch cushions is a completely logical place to store condiments. I also would die to have that hair again- not so much the caterpillars we had for eyebrows. Definitely good times.

Jenni Coberly said...

Ok, so when I first saw the picture I thought you were in junior high......it must have been the barretts, and you are so tiny. Don't you just love old pictures. I always wonder what I was thinking, especially when I find pictures of my socks pulled over my pegged jeans.....so cool!!

Anonymous said...

In that picture you look exactly like Red!!!!

liz said...

i do sort of think you look familiar. i remember your group of gals in the boy striped socks pulled up to the knees the best. ;-) Which, btw, was totally cute in my opinion.

I wanted to get away with barrets back then but they would always fall out of my hair.

Nichols Family said...

Those were the days....no major responsibilities, stay out late, sleep in, Taco Bell every night.