Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Grade::: POOR

I did it. I joined a gym. As part of joining a gym they offer to test your "beginning state". UMMMM--OK--what the heck. I'm not worried about my weight--mostly just my shape. It couldn't be that bad . . . could it? Apparently so. My body fat is 32%. That makes me fall within the bottom category on the gym's sheet. POOR. That was my rating. UMMMMM---CRAP. I went in thinking I just needed some toning, but apparently I need to take a good and honest look at myself. So the gym guy told me I need to do weight training. I don't like weight training-- I prefer aerobics. He said that weight training will really get me where I need to get. However, I won't go if I don't like it. So aerobics it will be. Maybe 1 day of weights or a 1/2 an hour here or there.

I joined Mountainside Fitness. They are running a special right now that if you sign up on your first day there--you get free childcare for life. That's a good deal--child care is expensive. So I did it. I signed up. YOu guys should too. And if you do and you refer me--i could get a dvd player. Come on--I need a dvd player. It could be fun. There child care rocks too--especially compared to other places.

Oh--and I haven't been posting because our internet is currently worse than dial up. We have DSL through Qwest. We think it might be our wireless router--so Hy is going to work on that tomorrow. Hopefully in time for me to post my what was I thinking picture. In fact--I'm going to go find one right now.

6 comments:

Jenni Coberly said...

Is that the gym on Greenfield and Brown. I belonged to that gym when we lived there. I loved it!! The child care does rock. You don't feel like they are going to catch a disease when you drop them off. Good luck with the weight training. I didn't use to like it either, but work through it and you might end up liking it. Just think of your bones as a 55 year old and it may make it easier. Nobody likes a broken hip!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

good for you making that step. i personally am living in fear of that but it will have to happen sometime.
good luck with your router and the gym! slow internet sucks!

Cicily said...

Oh great, you're a poor? I don't even want to know what category I would fall into. Gross!

Anonymous said...

I was totally thinking what Cicily was thinking! You better get your internet working, cause I don't like not getting my daily fill of Cool Jill!

Nichols Family said...

Don't feel bad. When I signed up for the gym I scored poorer than POOR on the flexibility scale. What a hypocrite I am...since fitness was my college degree. I think your posts are so fun!

onehm said...

I might have to join and meet you there. I'd do it if there was someone else were there and I felt the guilt of them waiting for me...........
maybe.