Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I found a reason

My husband is a runner. I don't want to be. I don't really like it. But he read this book once and it talked about this race where they invited these indigenous Mexican? or South American? people to run this 100 mile race or something. And these amazing runners were getting schooled by these people. And the people would pass them and be laughing and joking like they hadn't been running 100 miles. They ran because they loved it.

And if I run, it HAS to be for the fun of it--otherwise I don't want to do it.

So I've found a reason to run.

The Color Run
January 2013

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bunch of hippies. ;)

It's a beautiful reason to run, Jill. :)

Kristin said...

I feel the same way about running you do but I have a few friends on facebook that are doing this and it seriously made me want to become a runner!

Baker Fam said...

I did this with my oldes in January. It was a blast.