Monday, October 24, 2011

All butterflies

I did it! I pulled my 4th grader from Franklin. She's going to Hale.

Tomorrow.

That's fast, and I feel a bit uneasy about it.

But it's not because of where she's going, it's because I have to run kids at two schools. That's going to be crazy.

And I only know one person at the new school. But one is better than none, and it's a good start.

When I told her she was switching schools she said, REally!?? When!?? Not, NOOO or, :(

She even asked if she could start today. So I'm not so worried about how she'll do. She's a confident kid. (And also she has a cool lunch box.)

So if you know anyone with a 4th grader at Hale--tell them to be nice to the new girl.

And the thing she's most excited about .. . . wearing shorts!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally impressed! :) She'll do great there, I'm sure. The running between two schools can be tricky but you're awesome and will do fine.

Jenni said...

runing between two schools is worth it for the happiness of your kids....trust me! Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you did it. Some kids fit franklin some do not. we already had this talk.
Lov u bunches sis

Cicily said...

My niece and nephews go to Hale, I will keep them on the lookout.

onehm said...

She's going to do AWESOME! SO glad that you have found something the fits for her.

I've got kids at two schools, and it can be tricky, but you can totally do it! :)

Rachel Cunningham said...

I'm glad you found something that will be a better fit for her. Sounds like she is excited and that is awesome. It's nice that the two schools start and end at different times.

Super jealous about the shorts. For sure my least favorite rule at Franklin.

Crazymamaof6 said...

so how did it go? is she in heaven?

driving bites but it's worth it