Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Morning Post

It's been a while since I have posted on Sunday.

As I am writing Annabelle's talk for Primary--yes it's in a few hours *procrastinator*, I came across a really cool quote and then I linked to the talk.

The quote:

"contractors are told that there is to be no graffiti on the walls of the temple. Often, workers at construction sites will write inappropriate things on the walls. Brother Rowley shared an incident he had experienced a few days previously. He had noticed some inappropriate words written on a wall of the temple and reminded the contractor of their agreement. The following day, he noticed that the words had been painted over. He went to the contractor again and told him that the offensive words were still on the wall of the temple and needed to be removed. The next morning, the paint and the words were sanded off the temple wall."

That can be used as such a great metaphor. I love it.

Read the rest of the short article HERE.

3 comments:

onehm said...

I have heard this one before. So great!

And I'm finishing up my own talk for church today...talk about procrastinator!! :)

Nicole said...

I love that! Great fhe lesson

Jenni said...

hey, since you are so great at doing talks....would you mind writing my talk for sacrament and my lesson I have to give in RS....ALL ON THE SAME DAY??? Nice huh?

I think I will be the ULTIMATE procrastinator here! :)