Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's a wall of dust

If you are not from Arizona, or the middle East--you are probably not familiar dust storms. They are amazing to watch rolling in. My kids looked out the window and thought it was rain. But it was dust--they wanted to play in it, so I let them. What's more fun than being pelted with flying dirt? They opened the doors a few times getting in and out--which left a thin layer of dust on my desk. It was crazy. Josie ran in an asked to see the news (which is super random) and there was some cool video. On one of the stations they showed the reporter and he was covered in dust--like he had rolled around in it. Anyhow--check this out. Watch until about 3:30 on the video--it is amazing.

Big Dust Storm Rolls Through Phoenix: MyFoxPHOENIX.com




Here is another quick time lapse. It's cool seeing it come across the city:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy




here are some other pics you can click through:

2 comments:

Jenni said...

okay...I must admit, this is ONE of the many things I did love about AZ. I only saw a couple of them while I lived there....but they are awesome!

Nicole said...

That's CRAZY!!! I've never seen that before