Wednesday, October 27, 2010

On my mind

ON my mind: The president, Laundry and Diane Rehm

#1 The President is going to be on the Daily show. Ok, Mr. Barrock Star--you are a president, not a celebrity, although you think it's the other way around. YOu've been on The View and I saw ticker tape on CNN that said you were going to be on Mythbusters. REALLY? Guess what--we are in so much debt, pretty soon we will be flying a Chinese Flag. So how about you take some of this spare time, sit down with one of the financial guys and pound us a way out of this mess. Thanks

#2 I processed 173 pieces of kid laundry today. Yes I counted. I don't suggest it--it makes laundry even longer. I did not add in Adult laundry, or towels.

#3 Not once but twice this week NPR has been called out. And I found myself talking out loud to the radio (Kizzy asked me what I was doing). First was when Juan Williams was initially fired and your program was discussing Fox News. A caller who listens to both NPR and Fox news pointed out that at least Fox news welcomes the other side for banter. Not so much with NPR. I laughed, and clapped. Do I think NPR is as biased as Fox News? No. Do I watch Fox news? No. But NPR is left of center. Diane I listen to you and try to make a claim that you are impartial, but sometimes--when I dare say you don't notice it, your tone of voice becomes very pointed when you react to a comment of certain right of center guests. I have tried to justify it as good journalism, but I can sense your irk. And then today when you had Juan Williams on and he suggested that NPR's leadership was full of leftist ideology. You with your shocked tone said something to the effect of "NOT ME!" gasp. Then you said you could make a list of all of the people you have on for balance. I take that challenge. I want to see that list. It's not even, your subjects for programs aren't even. You lean Diane. Just admit. At least in Juan Williams' discussion today he admitted that all journalist have a bias--that as a human being--experiences create your view of things. He went on to say that one could still be a good, honest journalist.

I am right of center Diane, but I listen to NPR so how right can I be? Just ask someone who is from the right--NPR is not played on their radios. Just like Fox is not played on the left.

So, I'll keep listening to NPR--mostly for the non-political interest stories that I love, and I'll wait for some news organization to either be half and half---or, if ever, just center.

See the part of the interview I was talking about HERE

2 comments:

Julia said...

#1 - Word!
#2 - Sorry
#3 - Word!

Mimi said...

Amen!

and your comment on my blog was lame! Silly!