Monday, March 8, 2010

Playing Hookie

Photobucket

Annabelle handed me this this morning (the part at the bottom says Parent Comment). At first I was just going to make her go. Period. But then I thought--hmm this could be a good lesson learner. So I told her that it was her choice, but if she stayed home she would work like people do that don't get educations. I was very explicit on what she'd have to do today. And she said she'd rather stay home.

So she has done laundry
Cleaned bathrooms
Cleaned laundry room
Mopped floors with a rag
Cleaned my office
Cleaned her room
Did Math for an hour while I was at the gym (I wasn't going to let her play at the gym daycare--no way)
Done dishes
Cleaned counters
Vacuumed
Changed a poopy diaper--and dressed her little brother.

I just remembered--I let her have a 10 minute break. And it's long over.

Back to work.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

YOU ROCK! I am so going to do that next time I have a little whiner in the morning!!!

onehm said...

What does she think? :)
I must say, I love the note though!!

Paula said...

I love Annabelle! Love her note. Do you hire her out?

Sheri said...

I told Raegan about this. I said I'm going to do the same thing. She's afraid.

Anonymous said...

Looks like life on this side of turning 8 is not all it's cracked up to be! But I too want to hear Annabelle's thoughts!

Julie Freeman said...

That is darling!

I did see your post and responded but it was about a month late. I remember Tiffany and Holly! We were in the same ward and I scrapbooked a bit with Tiffany's sister-in-law. Loved my Tempe friends. Tell them hello!