Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sparkley Party



Annabelle is having a girly party. I have some stuff planned out, but I thought I'd ask for more input/resources.

I'm hiring some girls from church to paint toenails and fingernails.

So question is: Where do I get good nail decals for cheap? Or any other fun toe nail ideas?

Also, I'm having them make felt hair clips. They are going to layer two felt shapes with a brad in the middle--then glued to a hair clip. Question: What type of glue should I use?

They are having finger sandwiches cut out into shapes with fancy toothpicks. Where should I get a sandwich cutter that's flower or girly shaped? And if you have one can I borrow it?

I think they may do facials. I thought the peel off kind would be more fun--any tips on that.

Tips on decorations?

Any tips or ideas on anything would be awesome.

thanks.

xoxoxoxo

5 comments:

Julia said...

too freakin' cute. those girls are going to have a blast. i think i have a cookie cutter that is flower shaped. you may borrow it!

Crazymamaof6 said...

I have a big lips one. if that goes with your theme?

I'd use hot glue. (adult use) for putting it on the clip at least.


fun girly party! way to go mama!

i'm mean and we never do parties. it's just so expensive. and i'm cheap.

Summer said...

sallys has the cheapest but best clips, a box of 100 is like 4.99 or so, ad just use hot glue it works best. But, you will need to add something on the onsode of the barrette(where the hair goes so the glue doesnt seep through and helps the clip stay in place. and oh, a rectangle of felt works great.

For decoration I love the crepe paper balls. Lotsa fun and adds a "look" for cheap. All supplies can be found at the dollar store. instructions here..
http://diy.wed-central.com/?p=62
Also get 1 or 2 vinyl tablecloths for pop of color, and perfect for painting toes and nails on. To make it a bit fun-ner have the "beauticians" make themselves their own "station" with a sign with their name or something. Seems a bit more grown up. especially if you have magazines or books for the girls to read.

For toes- cheap decals sometimes found at the dollar store but target and walmart both have a"big pack" for 5 or less that would be more than enough for lots of little girls. Also any craft paint and toothpics is great for drawing a letter or flower on finger nail polish.

In case you couldn't tell ;) I love doing party's on the cheap and not going all overboard but still fun. If you want more detail I have lotsa ideas...I think you have my email?

oh and for facials- any mask is fun egg white, or chocolate mud mask and definately do cucumber slices to rejuvinate the eyes. You're also supposed to hang upside down on the back of the couch (head on cushion with feet up on back of couch) to help the facials dry and reduce wrinkles. haha really the girls just like to. :)

Sheri said...

that invite is cute.

Bing said...

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/ruffle-tower-cake?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/kids-birthday-cakes#slide_6