Friday, October 9, 2009

Slap in the face

On my trip to Target this morning for diaper rash cream. I heard the news on NPR.

And the Nobel Peace Prize goes to . . .

Barrack Obama

To which I responded out loud to no one:

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FREAKIN' KIDDING ME"

He's done nothing. NOTHING.

They played the audio at the press conference. Audible gasps are heard after the announcement. Apparently I'm not the only one who thought he was undeserving.

Even the expert they were interviewing said "He has done nothing to merit this award"

Apparently, because you're THE OBAMA you get all sorts of accolades you don't deserve.

The expert noted that Europeans LOVE the Obama, but Middle America, not so much.

We all know why. Because in Middle America, you earn your rewards. You don't get International awards because of your "ideas". You have to prove yourself, and that he has not done. Even the expert said it. In fact she said the deadline for the nominations was 12 days after he was elected. 12 DAYS.

She went on to say that it is all about his Vision of Hope and Change, and that he can lead the international community to come together for peace. Let me reiterate. He had done nothing. But he "can" in theory.

Barf.

So scoot over Martin Luther King, and Mother Teresa. What did you guys ever do for Peace?

You could have saved yourselves a lot of work and time by just talking about change.

That is what we want to teach American kids. You don't have to do anything, and you can get a highly prestigious award (or what used to be).


Next up: Obama get's MTV's artist of the year award for singing along in the presidential limo. (question is will Kanye cry foul and take away his moment? hmmmmm)

10 comments:

Mimi said...

You are rocking this post. Couldn't agree more!!!!!

Jenni Coberly said...

Agreed!!

Sheri said...

I'm ranting about this on faceboiok right now. Seriously, Jimmy Cater? AL GORE? OBAMA?! Gandhi didnt win the Nobel Peace Prize, and these guys did? The Nobel Peace Prize used to be awarded for actual tangible ACCOPMLISHMENTS in creating peace. Now it's used for political advancement. This completely discredits the once respected award given to deserving recipients like Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King Jr, Theodore Roosevelt and the Red Cross.

Sheri said...

I meant facebook. I'm typing while angry.

Snarky Belle said...

Oh my gosh, your are at your finest with this post! AMEN!!
I love you!
p.s. I'm not to proud to admit I cried when I heard the news. I was so beyond angry that I actually cried.
And one last thing...I'm going to put your post on my blog (the whole thing) because sometimes people don't actually follow the link.

Paula said...

You are right on with this post and I heartly agree with you. What other ways is he going to pull the wool over the publics eyes? Makes you wonder!

Anonymous said...

Your post is so embarrassing.

Anonymous said...

Obama didn't give the award to himself. Don't blame him for it. I'm sure he didn't ask. The selection committee picked him from the pool of nominees. Maybe they picked him because the whole rest of the world doesn't hate America any more (at least not as much), which they pretty much did during the whole Bush thing, especially after he was reelected. Maybe they picked him because America's general policies are much more peaceful now, and we aren't invading any countries at the moment, just trying to clean up messes made by the prior president.

Sheri said...

I know someone who can find out who anonymous is.

Julia said...

Great post, Jill.