Sunday, June 1, 2008

No Oven this summer



I stole this idea from my friend Kindy.

It's hotter than haties in AZ and I don't want to heat my house up even more so I'm going for . . .


A NO OVEN SUMMER


That's right. I'm not going to cook one darn thing using my oven. Except for an occasional batch of cookies.

So I need your help. I've come up with categories that I listed things under that can be either grilled, or cooked on the stove top. Here they are:

Grill

Pasta/Noodles

Sandwiches

Salad

Mexican

Chinese/Other Ethnic Foods

Crock Pot


So I listed everything I knew how to make under these categories. As you can see there are 7 which will give me a different meal for each day of the week.

So for you help---I want your ideas/recipes. Do you have anything you love that doesn't require an oven? Have you cooked anything from the food network that you can link me to? Let me know what you have, so I can have more of a variety.

So you can post things in the comments like links or ideas you have, or you can e-mail me.

Or both.

e-mail me at:

emailjillcandland@gmail.com


Thank you.

4 comments:

Cicily said...

A lady in my ward is doing an enrichment on this very thing. She grilled everything last summer and never used her stove or oven. I'll get the scoop and get back to you.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i have been going through the internet finding good recipes, i have 2 documents i will email to you. i am sure most of them can be used without an oven. good luck

Mimi said...

I really love Spinato's, and that doesn't take an oven either! hee, hee!

liz said...

check my friend's blog she has awesome recipes and summer menus:

http://cafejohnsonia.blogspot.com/