Thursday, May 1, 2008

Translator

When Hy and I put the kids to bed at night we take the time to catch up, read scriptures and take time off as parents. Often, our children don't dig this idea. We usually lock the bedroom door and they talk to us from the space at the bottom. Sometimes we get communications slipped to us.


Here is one:

Can you translate? Give it a try before you read the bottom.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Figured it out? The picture says "I want Mommy"

The next says:

"I want mommy. I can't sleep. I can hear dogs bark. Sincerely, Annabelle."

Annbelle is "Red" I was too lazy to scratch it out. She's an excellent artist. She does Spalding at school so she spellls everything phonetically.

p.s. That picture got cut off and I'm too lazy to reload it. Either blogger or Photobucket hates me. I'm not sure which

7 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

super cute! love when they can write down what they want.

Micah and Jen said...

Totally Awesome! Cam has been coming home with letters he is writing and I LOVE IT! He hasn't ever done this though....but so smart of you to scan it in to remember it! Love kiddos!

molly said...

I could totally read it because that is how everything should be spelled. Red and I are totally on the same page.
Love that she slipped it under the door(while you were reading scriptures?). Awesome.

onehm said...

that's so cute...and so Red!! ;)

Lindsay Jones said...

That is cute, as I was trying to translate, I thought the end said "seriously?" like how did you expect her to sleep while dogs were barking. She is such a crack up!

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

Okay I found your personal blog now..I just wrote one on your Photography blog too!

You don't even have teenagers yet..you are still way cool..I am a total idiot now you know?! haha
You are very talented JILL, I love all your pics!! Hope you are great! Love ya , Leanna

Mimi said...

This is hilarious! Finally a new post, I feel like it's been forever since we've talked!