Saturday, September 3, 2011

A random Pet Peve

Okay, I have many a pet peeve. But there is one that somehow irks me like no other.

And that is what I see as INCORRECTLY holding hands.

What? you say? There is such a thing?

Yes. There is.

I'll show you.

Correct:


Incorrect:



Do you see? The man should lead, his hand should be on top/in front. That is correct. I've mentioned this to other people and they gave me a crazy look.

Justin Bieb needs to learn a thing or two--but then again, he's just a boy. Maybe he'll man up.

Why does this irk me? I have no idea, but it does--to no end. Luckily, when I was looking for holding hand images, it was hard to find one that was incorrect. Which backs up my point, at least I think so.

The man leads, he should be the protector, the gentleman--opening the door and such. In a crowd, he should lead the way--and make a path. He can't do that if his lady's hand is on top.

I have never held hands incorrectly--in fact if someone ever tried (and I do have a faint memory of a boyfriend trying to do that to irk me)--I would rather NOT hold hands thanks.

And it's for his own good--I don't want people to think he's a pansy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The intertwined fingers handhold is the WORST! I'm happy to know that I do it correctly according to you. ;)

onehm said...

I'm with you completely!

(LOVING the "it's for his own good...")

Jenni said...

so true! And you crack me up!!!

Paula said...

I had never even thought about it. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Bing said...

I think usually the "correct" way is more comfortable because guys are usually taller, but maybe Selena is taller than J-Beebz? That would explain it.

Rachel Cunningham said...

So happy to see two of my favorite celeb couples on your blog. Have you seen the Justin Bieber movie? I want to adopt him.

I once dated a guy whose hands were smaller than mine (I have huge hands) and that about killed me. Almost ruined hand-holding for me entirely. Good thing BC has a real man's hands.

Sheri said...

Maybe Selena wears the pants.