Friday, August 19, 2011

Conversations

My kids were in the back yard on the swing set enjoying the storm that was blowing in. I walked out there and began pushing my 5 year old on the swing. My other girls didn't notice I was there because they were in a heated discussion on the end of the swing set, this is what i heard:

9 year old: "I can't do it, I'm just not good at it--YOU ARE."

7 Year old: "I am good at it, it's easy for me. I can talk to them."

9 year old: "I just can't talk to guys."

SCCCREEEECH. (that was the sound in my head) Guys what guys? Oh no! it's starting. NO it's too early!

My 9 year old turns around and notices that I'm there and has a slightly sheepish grin.

So I speak up:

Me: "Did you just say you can't talk to GUYS???"

She gave me the most absurd--you are crazy look.

9 year old: "No!!! FLIES, I can't talk to Flies. Josie can talk to flies."

Josie: Yeah! I can talk to flies. And I can talk to worms." **squeak squeak chatter chatter squeak.** "See mom."

Me: "What did they say?"

Josie: "They said I have a cool mom."


Yes. My kids are still kids.

Kizzy (age 5), "I talk to flies, but they don't talk to me"

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Lol!!! Love the innocence

Jenni said...

LOVE!!!!

Mimi said...

Like

Andréa Morrow said...

ha! Tati talks to flies and she names them and pretends they are her pet.. and when we go camping if a fly lands near here.. she says.. "oh hey Rainbow."