Thursday, October 2, 2008

That's Right . . . I said it

Celebrities are annoying. I just watched this video--and I'm so annoyed. Why do people have celebrities do things like this? Really???? why would anyone think---I wasn't going to vote, but now I will because I watched a video online where Leonardo DiCaprio and some other random celebrities talked to me about it.

D-U-M-B

And you can tell which way they all lean by what they say the issues are.


Annoying.


Really? Really? Why would I listen to someone who plays pretend for a living? I'm sure they are so understanding of the economic crisis caused by idiots who lent money to people who couldn't afford things they shouldn't have bought.

So if you want to be annoyed watch it----or don't




Sub-question: Who is the target market? We have Rainman, dude from Titanic, Monica from Friends and Kevin Bacon from Footloose. Really? Are they talking to my generation--because I'm pretty sure that a) we are registered to vote b) anyone younger than us really doesn't know who these people are.

So what do you all have to say??? Open invitation---bring it on.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt Damon did one too, where he ripped Sarah Palin to shreds. I feel the same way as you. I was thinking... Seriously, you get payed to do anything but BE YOURSELF. YOU DON'T EXIST IN THE REAL WORLD! GET OVER YOURSELF!!! Of course Left wing Hollywood is going to vote against family values, they are who they are because of pride,immorality. and worldliness!

Cicily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cicily said...

I feel stupider having watched that. It seriously freaks me out thinking that 18 year old will watch that and feel like they're listening to voting authorities. I don't mind if celebrities give their two cents, but I think it's ridiculous when they act like they have a corner on the political market. I did enjoy they're frequent cussing bleeps, because cussing is awesome and they're awesome.

Bear said...

Sooo should I vote or not? I'm confused??? They mention Gay rights, what about Family rights, what about preserving a marriage between and man and a woman. When did it become wrong to do what is right? I'm tired of actors telling me what is right for us. I'm just rambling now. Too many thoughts on this subject. Research your candidates and initiatives on your own. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Don't let anyone tell you how you need to vote. But do VOTE!!

o said...

that was by far the most worthless 4 minutes and 44 seconds of my day today, perhaps my entire week. so thank you, matt damon. titanic was a gay movie anyways.

Sheri said...

Hey! Some idiot just sent this to me too! Why would I ever take political advice from a bunch of celebrities? I'll email you guys what I wrote back.

Col.Smeag said...

Why would I listen to someone who plays pretend for a living?

Your Right and actually thats why I stopped watching TV a loooong time ago ( not saying anyone else should) I found I was watching a bunch of people who when not pretending to be FAKE persons, were giving each other Awards for being a FAKE person.

Granted I still have feew favorite characters I am hopong that I will love "An American Carol" a Right wing comedy.

http://www.americancarol.com/

Angie Startin said...

This is why I love you. You see the world like I do and are unapologetic about it. I agree with EVERYTHING you said. Thanks for saying it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am so ready to vote. Thanks celebrities for teaching me how I need to vote! It will be interesting to see how many of them actually vote.

Karen said...

idiots

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

I think it was supposed to be a trick psychology commercial...it would be unclear to teenagers though...and most adults. At least thats what they said on Bill OReilly.

Sheri said...

My 13 year old sister came over wearing a t-shirt that said "Vote 4Change" all trendy-like with hearts and stars.
I asked "Where did you get that shirt?"
"Charlotte Russe"
"Are you even aware that you are wearing a political t-shirt supporting Barack Obama?"
Her reply, "Huh?"
Even clothing stores are targeting the ignorant young voter. It’s shameful.