Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Calendar



I want to get organized with a calendar. I'm an organizer. I love my label maker, I color code things, and my heart goes pitter patter when I buy a new container.

So I have not been able to find a calendar to fit my needs. It needs to be color coded, room to right things on the dates as well as random reminders on the side for notes and such, etc. etc.

This is the closest calendar I've found to meet my needs. It's not my ultimate though.

So question to you all is---do you have a calendar you love? Do you know any stores that have a great calendaring system? Have you made your own?

Link me.

xoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

diana said...

two words: google calendar.

i love it.

Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

I hope you'll forgive a comment from a stranger (I found you off of the Segullah blog.) I have to second the Google calendar idea. I was also on a quest for the perfect calendar and had some of your same requirements. I also wanted one that would rotate so you could see upcoming weeks. I tend to miss the boat on things that happen the first few days of the month because I can't seen them on the calendar until it is too late. But with Google calendar, I've been able to set the default view so that it always shows the next four weeks. Seriously, it is amazing. And with the color coding, and the email notifications and reminders ... I'm such a fan (if you can't tell by my gushing ....)

Cicily said...

Google calendar amen! Color coded, online, sends you alerts through e-mail, you can allow other family members to access and add to your calendar, no messy erasing marks. Love it! Or you could go to a teaching store and get a teachers calendar, those are nice to. Lots of space and several different formats.

Micah and Jen said...

I just made one because, hello, IDAHO! I like the idea of Google calendar though and am totally going that way instead....I think! :)

Jenni Coberly said...

I love, love, love this calendar from The Container Store. I have it on my fridge and then everyone in the family has their own color of marker that I use to keep everyones activities straight. It works great and isn't that expensive, considering it lasts forever. You just change the month and dates. I do keep a little calendar in my purse for things going on not in that month and then just transfer them each month to the fridge calendar.Here's the link: http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?searchId=15027310&itemIndex=1&CATID=64180&PRODID=74353