Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dear Murphy

Dear Murphy's Law,

Up Yours

Truly, it's the end of the year in which we have made less than we have in our entire marriage due to Hyrum going back to school. And I knew--just KNEW at the beginning of this year that if crap was going to go down--it would be this year.

So I said--Bring it on. But I didn't really mean it.

For reals--you started with the cars, and then continued with the cars and then are finishing it up with the cars. HMMM let me see if I can list them--A/C on the suburban, brakes on the burb, something else I can't remember on the burb, steering column on the Honda, New brakes, new clutch and then we rounded it out with a new CV boot. I get it our cars our old--but for real--that is ridiculous.

And now--The freaking Garbage disposal??? It's only 3 years old. Brand new when we put it in ourselves when we bought the house. IT's a dumb disposal. And I tried to thwart you--when it started leaking I just shoved an empty bowl under it and then emptied it daily. Screw you murphy. But you got me--the old use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without just isn't cutting it. I can't bypass it. It's not that you don't work--you grind like a charm. Meanwhile spitting brown slushy goo all over the cabinet underneath. You're a clever little jerk. And since you are connected to the drain I can't really do without you.

So off Hyrum goes to throw down a whopping $169.99. Yes disposals cost that much. Well, they do if you don't buy the crappy Badger brand that we had before. You suck.

Remember the other day when I accidentally blocked that crazy girl from getting onto the road--remember her kind gesture to me? The one she did for an extended period of time which made me wonder if her parents ever loved her?

Well--same to you pal.


Sincerely your most hateful victim,

Me

7 comments:

Julia said...

Murphy is a jerk. He has no 'Christmas spirit' - obviously! I am sure he got coal in his stocking every year for being a turd to everyone and their dog. I bet he has an Oedipus complex, too!
Happy November 30th!

Nicole said...

Murphy can be sooo mean sometimes! I wish I could catch up with him and punch him in the face HARD! Good luck with him

Jenni said...

um sucky! Sorry to hear about stupid Murphy's law....but guess what? It will turn around, it always does. And it will be worth it....once he's out of school and the dumb disposal breaks you can laugh and actually afford to have someone else come and fix it for you.....and think, ah....remember when we were so poor? Chin up....it will turn out right in the end! PS--CARS SUCK!!!!! Just replaced $550 worth of stuff in ours....GRRRRRR!!!!! Oh, and I don't even have a garbage disposal....my house it too old. I have to "re-do" my entire kitchen to get one! :)

onehm said...

Oh the torture!! I'm so sorry. I hate Murphy too.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again...at least you have your sense of humor. :)

Sheri said...

Yeah, 2010 SUCKED! I can’t wait to give it the "kind gesture". Cheers to 2011.

Tiffany said...

The CV joint is what fell out of the black van on our trip. The one that caused us to spend the whole day in Lordsburg New Mexico. Remember that?

Ya, I am not a big fan of those breaking.

Becky said...

hate that you're going through this but also kind of happy because it makes for a very entertaining blog post.

hang in there
xoxo