Monday, August 30, 2010

Nice Excuse



Annabelle gets a weekly behavior report sent home with her homework. There are different generic issues that are listed like "Talking to others", "improper actions at recess" etc. etc.

So she got 2 marks under "not paying attention in class"

So we were going over her paper which was highly unacceptable in many areas. And she said, "but Mom .." and then I interrupted her and said "no excuses", and she said "but . . . " to which I said, "but nothing". Then she insisted I listen. Then she said,

"but Mom I was thinking about Jesus".

To which I said, "right . . . Jesus". And she insisted she was. (As I was smirking)

Then I said, "Then don't think about Jesus, you have all Sunday, and after school to think about Jesus"

She's usually a pretty honest kid, so it is possible.

But then again, she might be just very clever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius! ;)

Jenni said...

too funny!!!!

Rachel Cunningham said...

Classic. Smart girl.

Have you seen the website cookingwithmykid.com?
It reminded me of you because of all the fun lunch ideas and vegetarian dishes...for those meatless days.
I might need to convert to this type of lunch containers.

Andréa Morrow said...

that's funny.. well at least she is thinking of Jesus.. Tati doesn't pay attention and she is probably thinking about imaginary friends or mermaids with long curly hair..