Thursday, December 17, 2009

Red Dress

About a year ago I saw a gorgeous red dress in Anthropologie. Of course I wanted it, but I couldn't afford it. And I've ALWAYS wanted a red dress. Now I check mod cloth and I see this one. I want it. $90.00. I have no problem spending that amount of money on a dress, because the dresses I have in my closet I have had for years. And this one is bright, hip and long enough. But Hy's in school and it's not in the budget. Seriously . . . I'm trying to figure out how to swing it. And then I'm also telling myself that it would show up and not fit right and I'd be disappointed--that's how I try to make myself feel better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One Shoot! Book ONE MORE SHOOT this year that you weren't planning on! Go for it...it's not often you find something you fall in love with!

onehm said...

Just what I was going to say...you could always auction off one last session to the highest bidder as a "I want a new dress for Christmas" fundraiser. :)
I bet LOTS of people would bid. :) :)

Bing said...

Indeed.
Also, from my personal experience: every time I want something really badly for a really long time, I always pass up on expensive opportunities to get it and end up happening upon whatever I want or need in a thrift store or a bag of hand-me-downs. Case in point: Doc Martens-- I JUST found a pair that I've been wanting forever (but that were too expensive). They were $5 in the little boys' section of the DI.

Kiz said...

Get it! Get it! It's adorable, and you deserve it. Figure out a way - and make it happen (I know you can).

Micah and Jen said...

So cute and so you! you should totally do another session JUST for the dress! :) Go for it!!!! And, I bet it would fit PERFECT